The Pretend Boyfriend.

"Look at him. He makes me sick." My best friend Sarah seethed.

"What-- who are you talking about?" I asked her as I bit into my apple.

"Alex Henry. He is such a sleeze ball. A very hot sleeze ball, at that. But still." I chuckled at her words as I laid onto my back.

We were currently out on the football field at Track practice since today was warm we had to wear our stupid Track uniform, which consisted of a white shirt with the school hornet on the front, that shows of the bottom of our stomachs, jut below our belly button, a pair of black shorts, so short that if you bend over our ass cheeks hang out, a pair of knee high white socks, and a pair of black running shoes. It's no secret that the vice-principle let his daughter, Hannah McFarland, the school slut, pick the PE uniforms out.

"It's not funny." She scolded as she slapped my thigh.

"Fine, fine. Why are you so worked up about it. You haven't had sex with him, therefore you haven't been one of his victims." I told her as I made a bunny out of the clouds.

"I know. But what he does is wrong." She sighed and laid back down beside of me.

"Yes, it is. But girls should know by now, he is not and never will change his player ways." I bit into my apple once again and threw the core behind me.

"There he goes, with Janna Tampsin behind the bleachers." She heaved a sigh.

"Wite I saifs hef nefer gone fu chainfe." I said with a full mouth.

"What?" She laughed. I finished chewing my apple and swallowed.

"I said: like I said he's never going to change." I repeated myself, clearly.

"Mhm. So have you talk to Jason lately?" She asked me as I kept my gaze into the sky.

"Yeah. He said that he's just been busy."

"He told me the same thing. But how can he possibly be busy by hanging out with Alex and his gang. All they do is--" she stopped herself. I glanced over to her and then back at the sky.

"They?" I egged her on. I nudged her with my elbow when she didn't continue.

"All they do is play-- play girls. I bet he is doing what they're doing. Betting, playing and or cheating on girls. He's just like them." Her voice croaked.

"No. Jason is nothing like that. He has been and will always be our best friend; the sweet, loving, loyal, and caring best friend." I sat up and on my elbows.

"But Mel--" she began but I held up a hand to stop her.

"Jason isn't anything like them. He may have now those guys longer, but only by a few months, but he loves us better. I mean who wouldn't love us better? Am I right?" I joked as I laid back down onto my back.

"Your right. About everything." She laughed slightly and ended with a sigh.

"I am so glad that this is the last class of the day. I'm exhausted." I yawned.

"Yeah. I have to babysit tonight." She grumbled.

"You'll be fine. But hey if you ever need me to come over, I'll--" I stopped as a shadow cast down upon us.

"Hey ladies." His familiar voice greeted as he flopped down in between us.

"Hey Jason." Sarah and I said in unison. He lifted our heads and put his arm underneath. His hand went through my hair as he sighed.

"What's wrong jay?" Sarah asked him as she at up. I stayed laid down as did he. He ran his hand, the one that wasn't running through my hair, down his face.