Chapter 6

A/N: I originally planned on having this into one big chapter, but I decided to split it, because I thought the build up would be perfect. So there will be two more chapters after this.

And the sequel 😈

x x

Coley

After Sonya stormed out of the room, and I questioned Trenton, he left the room. I took a moment to gather my bearings. My hands are shaking a little, my anxiety definitely kicking in. I look at myself in Sonya's mirror, brushing hair out of my face. I take a deep breath, before heading out of the room.

Sonya

My legs are dangling over the edge as I'm staring into the water. A million things are running through my mind at once, and it's overwhelming. I know what I want, now.

I want Coley. No, I need her. I can't run away from it anymore. From her. She's the only thing in this god forsaken world that makes me happy, and I will never, ever let her go.

Coley

As I walk down the hallway, I let my fingers run across some framed photos. Of course, Sonya is the only one who put them up, seeing as her parents couldn't give any less of a damn about it. A few of them are of Sonya and her dogs, of her alone or with a few other of our friends. But most of them are of us. I smile at how happy we look.

I peak into the kitchen, and I don't see Sonya nor Trenton there. I move on to the living room, and I see the asshole passed out on the arm chair. I roll my eyes in anger.

What I wouldn't do to beat the shit out of him...

I walk past him, shooting him a look of disgust, before making my way outside through the sliding door.

I close it behind me, and turn to see Sonya hunched over, sitting on the wall of the pool. I take a deep breath, and walk to her.

Here goes nothing...

Sonya

I'm still lost in my thought until I feel a presence beside me, and I look up, seeing Coley sitting down, mimicking my position. My breath catches in my throat. I look at her profile. She doesn't look at me, but chooses instead to stare out in front of her. I look down at our hands.

They're so close together that I can just stretch out my pinky finger and I could feel her soft skin. But I don't do it.

But she's the only thing that's on my mind.

Coley

The rate that my heart is beating at is ridiculous. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm so nervous right now, and I have absolutely no idea why. I think it has to do with the buildup of today's events, and how Sonya and I seemed to bond even more in such a short expense of time. Which is crazy seeing as we've known each other for a very long time.

My mind is still rambling when I feel Sonya lean her head on my shoulder, sighing.

My heart just fucking stopped beating.

This is not happening right now.

This can't be real.

But it is.

Sonya

Holy shit, I cannot believe I just did this. Sure, Coley and I have cuddled a million times before, so leaning my head on her shoulder shouldn't seem like such a big deal.

But it is.

Because at this exact moment, the intimacy level between us just grew so much more. With this small gesture, I convey everything that I have felt during the entirety of the day.