Chapter 5

I didn't have time to process what that meant before he picked me up, walked over to a car and shoved me in the trunk. The door slammed and everything went black. Oh shit this can't be happening. I pounded on the door but it wouldn't budge so I tried screaming to see if anyone outside could hear me. Nothing.

I felt the vibrations of the engine starting as we drove away and I fell back. I curled up in a ball and tried to think of what to do but my brain was all fuzzy and wouldn't work properly. I felt every ounce of hope leave my body as I started crying.

I'm old enough to know that this guy's idea of "fun" isn't going to be board games.

***

The ride to wherever we were going didn't take long. The car stopped and I heard footsteps getting closer to me. The door opened and I was forced to close my eyes from the sudden light.

"Come on my pretty" he said while his filthy hand stroked my hair.

I got up out of the car, too weak to try to hurt him. I had given up.

The man pushed me toward a run down old house and I didn't struggle. I just tried to mentally prepare myself for what this man was planning to do to me. We entered the house which seemed to consist of two rooms; a bathroom which was on the far side with the door wide open, and the main room which had a huge bed in one corner and a fridge and sink in the other.

The man walked to the bed an picked up a wooden clothes hangar which held the smallest underwear and bra I had ever seen. He threw the outfit in my direction and nodded his head toward the bathroom.

I started shaking all over as I headed to the bathroom. I entered and all I saw before I closed the door was a wicked grin that coated the man's face. I got dressed and violently shook my head trying to come up with an idea to help me. I stopped and my eyes rested the clothes hangar. The man had made a fetal error, he had given me a  weapon. I picked up the hangar, put in against my knee and pushed. The wood snapped and as I planned, was sharp and full of splinters on one side. I had a wooden stake.

I opened the door again and went through to see the man who sat on the bed looking annoyed. I held the stake behind my back as I went closer to him, trying to keep my face sad.

"What took you so damn long?" he growled.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to walk closer until I was right in front of him. I gave him the death glare then, which actually seemed to shock him.

"Get in the bed you little creep" he hissed.

"No" I said and with amazing speed I sliced the wood through his face.

He screamed and reached out for me but I was to fast. I ran to the door and tried it but it was locked from the outside. Damn it! I ran over to a window and saw to my despair that it didn't open. I turned to see the man had cornered me. There was a gash that ran from his eye to his ear and it was deep. Blood ran down his face making him look like a character from a horror movie.

His fist was coming speedily towards my head. I ducked and heard a smashing noise as his hand went right through the window. The man screamed again and held his hand as blood dripped from his knuckles.

I saw my chance and jumped up and out the window, landing in the street below. I started running and didn't stop until the man's yells couldn't be heard anymore.