8. Zephryus

Depuis le début

"Cedric, our dad is the owner of a chained car manufacturing company. We live in a four story mansion. Ain't shit about our lives normal!" I tell him. "And I know you don't love that girl do you?" I asked.

"Yeah I do love Kim. I love her so much!" He wipes his eyes and calms down. And so so I.

"But you not attracted to her. Are you?" I ask. He shakes his head no. And looks down again.

"Look at me." I tell him. He looks and I see myself in his eyes. "You can't live in fear of yourself. Sure people are not gonna understand. Hell you know I don't! But you gotta live for Cedric. Not for mom, not for dad, and not for me. Especially not for Kim." I tell him. He nods.

"You're right." He said. I check to see if I'm clear, and I start the car back up and I keep driving. The car ride was completely silent. Until Ced's phone rang. It scares both of us, and he answers.

"Hello?" He asked. I mouthed him to put it on speaker. He did it, and it was Kim's voice.

"I thought I told you to call me?" Kim asks.

"Uh I have been sick remember?" He told her.

"Yeah poobie! But I miss you!" She whines.

I fake gag, to make him laugh. He smiles and keeps talking. "I know. But uhh yeah Ima go back to sleep. I love you." He says.

"Love you more!" She squeaks. Ced hung up. We pulled back up to TJ's and got out with our food bags in hand. We walk to his front door and he opens it and WD enter.

"I got you a McGriddle and some hashbrowns." Ced told TJ, handing him a bag. I noticed they seemed a little too happy about that "McGriddle" But its not your business, Zeph so stay away. I sit down in the kitchen and I look on the mantel again, where the picture of him and that little girl was, and it was gone.

"Yo, TJ?" I ask.

"Wassup?" He pulls a gallon of orange juice from his fridge. Ced sits beside me and starts eating.

"What happened to that picture of you and that little girl?" I ask, suspiciously.

"What picture?" TJ asks. I shoot him a look.

"It was a photo.. Of you as a kid, and you were holding a little girl in your lap. It was sitting right there above the fireplace on the mantel, and now its gone." I say. Ced and him both exchange looks and then look at me crazy.

"I don't recall." TJ laughs and pours his glass of juice.

"Mmhmm." I say. Once again its not my business. I start eating my bacon egg and cheese biscuit, and I get on my phone.
I scroll down twitter, and I see nothing but these lame ass Don't Judge Me Challenges.

"Look at this Cedric." I say, showing him one of the videos.

"America is so stupid sometimes. You know the original one was of a makeup artist who wanted to show the world how she looked without her face being caked up and she got a million comments saying how ugly she is and no wonder she needs make up. All she was doing was showing the world that you don't have to wear make up to be beautiful." He says.

"That's fucked up." I say.

"Then she hashtagged it, #dontjudgeme and then one day some idiot twisted the whole concept, and drew fake eyebrows and freckles on her face, and the videotaped himself making faces-insinuating that people with unibrows and freckles are ugly..." TJ says. I look at them both.

"Then she takes the stuff off and cakes up her face and does her eyebrows and videotapes herself again. Just to use it as an excuse to show how cute you can get!" Cedric said.

"Umm okay? Y'all getting a little to heated." I told them.

"I'm just saying." They both say. Once again Zeph this is not your business. I'm still confused about that picture though. That's some weird shit.

My phone buzzed and I noticed it was an unknown number texting me.

Unknown-Morning Zephyrus, God of the west winds

Me-Donyelle?

Unknown-Guilty

I immediately add her in my contacts.

Me-Goodmorning Beautiful

Donyelle-I wanna see you again Zephyrus.

Me-Word?

Donyelle-....

Me-I mean, of course. Give me a time and a place and I will be there.

Donyelle-That's better. I'll come and pick you up. Send me your address.

I sent it to her, and she sent back hearts.

"Who you texting?" Ced asked.

"That was my goddess, Donyelle." I said with confidence. "She finna take me out."

"A girl, finna take you out??" Cedric laughed. TJ nudged his shoulders to shut him up.

"Yeah she is. Or unless you want me to take your Charger?" I said.

"Oh hell nah I'm good. Have fun!" He laughed again.

My phone buzzed once more, and it was Donyelle telling me to be ready at twelve.

"Well Ima go get ready for my date." I said getting up. I went and got my bag from the living room and began walking upstairs.

"Question... When are we going home?" Ced asked.

"TJ don't mind us spending the weekend do he?" I said.

"Not at all." TJ said. Cedric sighed, and I kept going up the stairs.