Untitled pt. 8

Maya continued to drink and dance and then drink some more. And maybe it was one too many drinks she had, or a smile too wide on her face, or her hand too comfortable on his shoulder, but she felt Harry's body being pulled away from hers as her eyes slowly focused on what was happening in front of her.

Luke's fists flying to Harry's face and body, Harry's own hands curling up and swinging towards Luke dangerously. She could hear Calum and Ashton running towards them two, yelling them to stop, girls gasping and both of their bodies colliding in a fight. Someone broke them apart, but Maya wasn't sure who, because she felt her heart beating a little too fast and her head spinning a little too much, as she sunk down to the floor gasping for air.

And suddenly the focus was on her – people pulling her back up on her legs, somebody yelling to bring her some water, somebody else asking if she wanted to get some air. She closed her eyes just for a second, clinging on to her friend for support as she heard both of their voices next to her.

'Baby, are you okay?' she heard Luke say from right beside her, his hands attempting to hold her, but she pushed them away. He must have pulled Michael away and took his place beside her, she thought.

'Maya, do you need to sit down?' she heard Harry's concerned voice in front of her.

She opened her eyes and didn't even take a single look at anyone. She let her grasp get loose around her friend's supporting shoulders as she walked away from everyone, her breathing still too heavy, but at least she finally felt herself gaining control over it. She took her heels off and by the time she reached the back door, she heard someone run after her.

'Maya! Maya, stop!' she heard a voice, but she didn't want to see the face of its owner. She faired she might take a swing at his jaw herself.

'Hey, come on. Stop,' she felt him wrap his fingers around her wrist and turn her around. She saw a little cut on his lip and his eyebrow, a huge red mark on his cheek, his hair dishevelled on his shoulders and his fist tight by his side in attempts to handle the pain he felt from hitting someone else. Harry felt her eyes burning with anger as the hair on back of his neck stood up.

'Look, I'm really sorry for what happened,' he trailed down licking his lips and brushing blood from it. 'I had no idea he would go ballistic from us simply dancing together.' He said with a light chuckle. He felt he was the good guy, he felt he just danced with a birthday girl, granted it was a little too close but he was a little too drunk and a little too attracted to her to acknowledge that. He felt he deserved Maya more than that asshole of a husband she was with, who had just taken quite a few punches to his face. Harry had to admit, Luke throws quite a hit.

'Fuck off,' she simply let out as she looked at Harry's smug face. She wasn't just angry with Luke, who just ruined the one time she thought she might have a great night. She was fuming with Harry, too. He knew better than to get too close to her when her husband was merely a few feet away. But most of all, she was angry with herself for not talking to Luke all these previous months, for getting attracted to Harry and for allowing herself to get lost in between them two.

She pulled her hand away from Harry's fingers and walked away. She got a cab somewhere in between the club and her house and the moment she stepped foot inside the house, she broke down. She wasn't sure how long she cried for, but the next morning she woke up fully dressed on her bed, her head pounding with hangover, her eyes swollen from the tears she's shed last night, her feet dirty from all the way she walked before she got a taxi. She turned a cold shower and just stood there for a few minutes, thinking how she should handle it all with Luke now. Obviously, Harry is out of the picture, but the confusion over her own marriage was still tearing her apart.