Confronting Him

Sleeping didn't work. Neither did a bowl of my favorite cereal. I just slumped to the bus stop and waited for my ride to school. Jack may avoid me. Or beg on his knees. Or move on. I don't know which one I want him to do. I really want to be with him but I don't know if I can trust him. I'll just have to wait until I get to school to see.

Once the bus came to the curb, I boarded it and hoped that whatever will happen at school today won't want to make me cry. 

I arrived at the courtyard full of couples making out, cheerleaders showing off, and nerds practicing for pop quizes that aren't even going to happen. Sam waved me to the tree where she was waiting for me. I ran over to greet her but something stopped me halfway.

" Oh my god! What is Jack doing with that cheerleader?!" I asked her on the verge of crying again. Yay. Just what I didn't want to do. Cry.

" Dude! He's kissing her!"

I looked at Sam and just shook my head tearing up. "I'm not giving him a second chance. Not ever." I managed to choke out before i started to cry like last night. Sam grabbed my wrist and dragged me to him withut say a word. 

She tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around with a look of surprise on his face. 

" What do you think you're getting away with?" she snapped at him. I smiled.

"I just, I mean, I-I was just-"

"Just kissing another girl behind my back." I cut him off.

" No. It's not what it looks-"

I cut him off again, "Really? Becuase it looks like your making out with another girl when you aren't supposed to."

"No, listen. It was-"

" Yeah whatever. I was going to give you a second chance becuase of how sweet you were last night. But I was very wrong. Goodbye Jack" I cut him off for the final time and Sam and I stormed off.

"Kasey! Please listen!" He pleaded.

I just left him there. " I can't believe I thought I was gonna give him another try!" I cryed to Sam.

" He just doesn't know you have a heart and feelings, too. He doesn't deserve it. " Sam said. " He's a jerk."

" I couldn't agree any more." I said laughing and wiping away the tears. But the tears wouldn't go away. They were cemented onto my cheeks and tears rushed out of my eyes like the Niagra Falls.

" Why are you still crying?" she asked me.

" I just realized it's not that easy to get over him. I just can't!" I wailed into her shoulder. Today was going to be a looooong day.