Part 5

I looked at him hesitantly. Was this really happening? "C'mon, it'll be fun! I promise I'll get you home before your bed time!" He said with a wink. How could I say no? I walked over to him, pulling open the door to his truck. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. He laughed. "You know I tried and I tried, but I could not get you off my mind. I had to come visit you." I blushed deeply. I got into his truck, slamming the door shut. He grinned, pulling the shift into drive, lunging forward. "Aren't we going a little fast?" I asked, my heart racing. He smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. "What's the fun in moving slowly?"

I could not argue with that, but I was relieved when he slowed down. "So how have you been?" He asked me, a smile playing on his lips. "I've had better days. But then again, I've had worse days as well." His smile was replaced with a look of concern. "Did something happen?"

"No," I lied. "School is just boring, that's all." Well, at least it wasn't a total lie. He laughed, the smooth sound caressed my eardrums and soothed my soul. It was melodic, a sound I yearned to hear more often. "Well my day is better now," I said with a smile, blushing, I had surprised myself with my openness. He chuckled. "What?" I asked, growing embarrassed. "That was so cheesy." He said glancing at me. "Now all we need are some nachos." I burst out laughing, feeling a surge of happiness that was unfamiliar. "Shut up!" I said, not really meaning it. Aidan pulled into the parking lot of a super market, and I stared at him. "What?" He asked, a mysterious grin highlighting his face. "I just thought we'd go somewhere more... Interesting." I said.

Aidan laughed. "You're the one who got me craving nachos! Wait here!" He said, jumping out out of the truck. I sat back, waiting patiently.

Two minutes later, Aidan yanked my car door open, a shopping cart in tow. "Your chariot awaits," he said, bowing royally. I laughed. "Are you kidding me?" He smiled impishly. "Climb in!" I got in hesitantly. I was just wondering what I had gotten myself into when Aidan suddenly started running, full speed, pushing me so quickly I had to hold onto the sides of the cart for support, squeals escaping my mouth. People turned and stared, confused by the rambunctious teens fooling around in a grocery store parking lot.

Luckily, once we reached the store entrance, he slowed down. He pushed me up and down the aisles, grabbing two bags of nachos, salsa, and sour cream. "I'm not sure if I should buy any more cheese, i think we have enough," Aidan said with a wink. I blushed again, reaching up and punching him in the arm. "Okay, okay I'm done!" He said with a laugh. He grabbed a jar of cheese sauce, and pushed me to the checkout.   After paying, he helped me out of the cart, his hands at my waist. I felt warm inside, clearly the effects of his touch. We grabbed our stuff and walked back to Aidan's truck.

By now it was dark, though the evening was warm, the stars shined brightly, and Aidan didn't go towards the driver's seat. Instead, he jumped into the bed of the truck where a blanket was spread out, putting out his hand to help me in. I gave him my hand, and he pulled me up with ease. Then, we started setting up a little picnic, opening all our nacho fixings before sprawling on the comfortable blanket, munching on nachos and staring up at the stars. "Did you have this whole thing planned?" I asked him. "No," Aidan said, his eyes never leaving the sky. "I think spontaneity is the spice of life."  I smiled at that. How insightful. I was beginning to like Aidan more and more, and I hoped the feeling was mutual.

We left about half an hour later, breaking the trance, I suddenly realized we were still in the parking lot. We drove home in silence, both in our own worlds, yet still feeling comforted by eachothers' presence. We arrived at my house all too soon - I wish I could have stayed longer with Aidan. "When can I see you again?" I asked him. He looked over at me, smiling for the umpteenth time this night. "I'll be around." His answer was frustrating, yet the mysterious aspect of it was oddly sexy. "I had fun tonight, thank you." He nodded, and I jumped out of the truck. Waving good bye, I turned towards my house, feeling happy emotions awakening in me that I thought had turned themselves off for good.Jovial thoughts filled my mind as I tiptoed  up to my bedroom. It was late, and I knew in the morning I'd have some explaining to do. But none of that mattered right now. Because right now, I felt on top of the world. Right now, I was beautiful, intelligent, fun, happy, and cheesy. Right now, it was good to be me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such a late update! I promise to update this story more often from now on :) Please vote and give feed back! Thank you!