I heard more footsteps and Natalie walked in. “Hey Candace. Are any memories coming back yet? You were in a coma for a few days, which was super scary, but the doctors realized you’d wake up. I didn’t think your amnesia would be that bad though.”

“No, I don’t remember anything.” I said. Now that I thought about it, I really didn’t remember anything. I guess Dr. Jeremiah was right about the amnesia part. “I don’t know who I am, who you are, and who in the world are Brooke and Brent?”

“Brooke is our….friend? I guess you could say friend, and Brent is our jerk brother.”

“Our jerk brother? I didn’t know I had a brother. Why did you question if Brooke was our friend?” I was so confused and I wanted answers, but no one was answering me. No one would tell me much, besides who I was and who Natalie was.

“Yeah, we’re sisters. I was adopted into your family when my parents were killed. We were pretty much sisters anyways before then. Well, we don’t like Brooke very much, but that will change so whatever.”

“Why is Brent a jerk?”

“Because he’s visiting Brooke every day, but hasn’t even asked how you were doing He hasn’t even looked at you.”

“Oh that’s not very nice. Are you sure he’s my brother?” I didn’t think I would have a brother even that mean. Why would he visit Brooke, but not his own sister?

“Yeah I’m positive.”

“Why does he visit Brooke and not me?”

“Well he and Brooke are pretty much dating even though they’ve barely talked for more than a day. Well, he’s not visiting you, because before your….accident, you and him got in a fight, and he’s really mad at you still.”

“Oh alright.” I didn’t like my brother. He seemed really mean; I wondered if he could be kicked out of the family. “Where are my parents?”

“You’re eighteen; you don’t need your parents right now.”

“Okay.” I glanced up at Natalie’s face, and I saw bags under her eyes. “You look really tired.”

“I am. I’ve been sleeping in that chair for three nights. Not the most comfortable place to sleep. She pointed to a very uncomfortable looking wood chair that had a cushion on it and a wood backing. “I don’t sleep well in that thing, but you look tired to. I’ll leave you alone so you can sleep.”

My eyes were tired, and I was in the mood to sleep. Natalie started to walk out, but then came back. “Oh and Candace if you happen to have any weird dreams just don’t say anything to the nurses or doctors. Just come and tell me when they’re not here.”

“Okay.” I yawned and closed my eyes. I was too tired to argue or ask any more questions. I laid my head down in my soft pillow and fell asleep.

When I thought I woke up, I was on a cloud. I didn’t know how I’d got there, but then again I didn’t know how I’d gotten to the hospital either. Maybe I had super powers to teleport places. Wouldn’t that be cool? I decided to walk around the cloud just to see what it was like. I didn’t think I’d ever walked on a cloud, so I decided to try the once in a lifetime opportunity. I looked down at my feet and realized I was floating. Maybe I had super powers to float too. That would be cool too. I looked for the end of the cloud, but there didn’t appear to be one. I just decided to walk around.

After walking around for a while, I heard a noise, a very dreadful noise. I ran in the other direction from where I’d heard it. I thought I was moving, but when I looked down I realized I was stuck in the air, and the thing was approaching. My biggest fear was coming. I heard it again and knew it was much closer than before. It was coming for me. I grabbed above my head and grabbed my wand; I knew a fight was-wait a wand? I remembered! The thought of magic came back to me and the entire thing made sense. I realized that I must’ve teleported to the cloud somehow in my sleep. I had also remembered my biggest fear. I was happy that I remembered, but I wasn’t happy about it coming. I gripped my wand tighter and was ready to destroy the thing.