4

Nina came into my room early the next morning to help her with her garden. I woke up very annoyed, still replaying the events from last night. How could Courtney do that to me? I don't even know her at all. What I do know, is that she's just an emotional spoiled brat that has Michael wrapped around her finger; working her every command.

Another day, another plant picking in the backyard. Nina and I picked at the plants, and placed them in the basket, then took them in to wash and be prepared for Katherine. Nina helped silently, obviously still shook from last night. She's not good with conflict. All her peace that she has here, is what keeps her happy; now here I am, making all these problems with Michael, disturbing her peace. All I wanted for Nina to be happy when I am came up here, but I'm not doing such a great job of that.

We walked the ten steps to the door, carrying heavy baskets of plants. Katherine let us in, warmly welcoming us back into her now quiet home. She hugged and kissed us, but whispered something to me as she kissed my cheek, "I talked to Michael, he says he'd give you a chance."

I pulled away, confused and shaking my head, "What?" I set my box down.

Katherine looked behind her, almost as if she was making sure Nina wasn't in the room anymore. "You're going to the beach," she smiled. She looked super glad that I would be going to the beach, however, I hated the thought of it. Beach? With the same guy who has it out for me because of his psycho girlfriend? Wonder whose idea that was.

"Oh you're going to have fun!" Nina smiled, also hinting at me with wide eyes, that I needed to go no matter what.

I sighed, and put on that fake smile, "I guess, ha."

Nina rushed me to go get ready and that she'll call on me when they're ready to go. I grabbed my bag and walked back into the house. First of all, I knew this was going to be a bad idea; given everything Michael knows about me is based on an 8 hour plane ride. Second of all,  the nearest beach is all the way up north; meaning we're gonna be driving for an hour together. And most important of all, we don't even like each other? What are we going to talk about? Our families? We know everything about them; plus it's almost impossible for me to say a word to him without some stupid remark.

As I roamed my house, searching for something to collect my things in, Katherine started calling.

"Michael!" Katherine called. I could hear her from the window of my bedroom. "Hurry, she's waiting."

Besides the fact that I didn't want to go with Michael, I couldn't say no to Katherine. I'm convinced she's truly an angel sent from heaven. Hurting her feelings would be an absolute crime against humanity.

Michael came out from his room and walked towards my window and said, "I guess we're going to the beach."

"As if this wasn't your golden plan." I said rolling my eyes. As I'm packing he slides in my doorway and starts snapping his fingers, which were super loud, almost piercing my eardrum from such frequency.

"Let's go, Angelina." he said my name with a Mexican accent.

"I'll be out in like two minutes, leave me alone."

"Sounds like someone's already got sand up their butt."

"You would like to know, wouldn't you?" I turned around pursed my lips.

He scoffed, "You're nasty."

I mimicked him with an annoying high pitched tone that he didn't like. Michael groaned and said, "Just hurry." And walked to the car outside.

So - the beach. What are we even going to do? I don't like getting wet on the beach because you have to walk through a mile of pure sand to get to your car, and by then you're entire body has grains of sand and pebbles covered all over it. Then you get to the car and theres sand everywhere - at least, this is coming from my experience in California beaches. After a while, you lose interest in them.