Our Lives

I am a just a kid you might say, but you have not seen the struggle. We might not have to pay bills or worry about mouths to feed. The only thing we have to worry about is the fact every day of our lives were are running and taking cover from those who run our lives. Or at least try to. Some of us get away before were spotted but others fall right into there hands. Day by day we walk the halls of hell. The lunch room is a war zone the class room is even worse no where to go. The bathroom is a dead end. We wait 7 hours a day just to get on the bus but it doesn't stop there. Finally my stop my house. I ask is it over? Has it ended? Now i go inside and my computer my facebook full of comments I open my phone My Instagram My Twitter My Kik My Snap Chat MY tumbler. My inbox is full. Im popular you think. yeah i am all i have is more comments of people sayng what they couldn't tell me because others beat them to it. I put my phone down. Dinner "How was school dear" "Great Mom" How was School champ" "Loved it dad". The dinner table is full of lies. Back upstairs I look at my phone more notifications. Days go by till the day you break. Cut by Cut your arms fills with scars. You hid it make everyone think you are okay. Then you find someone who likes you. You date. Then 3 months later a message "Hey we need to.." you open it. they broke up with you they found someone better. Don't worry theres someone out there. depression fills your chest. Those few months were the best till they shoot you down. Humiliation,Heartbreak,and Bullied. Day by day more and more and more bricks are pilled on top of you. You just keep saying more weight more more. Depression and sadness. The two feelings you feel, but you smile. Now your at a point where you say I'm Okay,I'm fine,It will go away. You start to fake the smiles, you fake who your friends with,you fake the ones you trust. You fake the feelings. Sleepless nights waking up screaming. Then you break again. After years of the endless war of just your own life. They surround you in your bunker. You cry and cry every night. Then you finally realize. I'm no match for them. There too big in numbers. Wave after wave. they won't stop until your nothing more than a dried out. Out of tears. Sick to your stomach. You heads pounding. You cant feel your heart. All you can do is beg for mercy. No one hears you. You are surrounded in stone. You fought a battle. A endless battle. As you use that last bit of energy, You reach for the pain killers, the belt, the knife. You open the cap, tie it around your neck, sharpen it. Then 1,2,3,4,5 and now you cant keep count. Now you kick the stool you stood on and fall with al you had. You cut the last thing you can, your wrists cut like butter. You fall back. You stop squirming. You drop the knife. Its over. Some write there last thoughts. Some go with the last words that they say. As Mom wakes you up for school. as Dad opens your door. As your older Sibling goes into your room. The reaction all ends up as screams. Mom holds you in her arms, Dad cuts the belt, your sibling calls for your parents. The deaths are heard around the school. The feeling of death fills the air. Crying as the caskets are lowered. How do we remember them? NSRD National Suicide Remembrance Day.
Together we can morn.
Together we can prevent.

Written by Anthony Ortiz July 11th,2015 The Written Company (c)2015