Nightmares

I tried to tell them, about my nightmares. Warn them. They told me that nothing would happen. That still didn't help. Every night they got worse. Until one night, it was so bad, I was so scared. This is how it went:

I was running through my street, climbing through open windows, smashing hinges of doors. And killing everyone inside. Screams filled the air and soon police were arriving at each door. How many policemen were there? I wanted to turn back, to turn myself in because I didn't want to hurt anyone else. But the voices in my head weren't letting me 'kill them all' 'kill them all'. I had no more control of my actions. The whole street was alive (not literally XD) with sounds.

I finally reached my home, I was scared what I was going to do. I walked inside *tip toe* I walked up the stairs *creak* and into my parents room. They were sleeping peacefully, that was, until I ended their lives.

I woke up with a start, but no screaming surprisingly. Only a dream I told myself. I heard the front door slam shut. It was 3:21 in the morning what the hell? I was scared, so I hid under my covers. I could feel the covers lifting off of me. I didn't dare open my eyes. I was still asleep as far as anyone knew.

"Don't open your eyes, my dear"
"What you see will bring you fear"
"It will bring you down to your knees"
"I care about you so please,"
"Don't open your eyes"

I was scared out of my mind now. I decided I would open my eyes. I found myself in my parents bedroom, the murder weapon in my hand. It was just like I was still in my nightmare. The police ran up the stairs, and found me paralyzed with fear and shock. But I had the knife in my hand, blood all over. They took me away. I've told them everything. They believed me and I thought they would let me go.

But I'm sat here in a mental asylum.
Please help me. The voices are starting to spread. I can't sleep, in fear the nightmares will come true again. I'm not myself and I never will be. Or maybe I will. The voices are going. They're coming for a different person. Someone who reads this message.