chapter 1

"You are my wife now. This house is now also yours. Everything I own is now yours as well. All I ask of you is to accompany me to all social events and warm my bed. Other than that you may do as you please. Also I am expected to give my father a heir so there is no need for any contraceptives."

My husband said those words to me three months ago, on our wedding day. Actually it was my wedding day. For him our wedding was a business deal. A deal between him, his father and my dad.

See my dad and his father are the best of friends. One day his father had the brilliant idea to turn their friendship into partnership and then my dad loved that idea so much he joined our business as well as our families together by signing me off to the heartless sole heir of The Royal Industries.

And so I became Mrs. Janelle Cruz wife of Mr. Ramiro Cruiz. That's all I am now. A trophy wife. I am to bear him a heir and nothing more.

I sat on the bed looking into the mirror in front of me as I brushed my long brown hair. My hair came up to waist and curled at the bottom.
I loved my hair because he loved my hair. He told me so himself while he made love to me on our wedding night.
See we have sex once a week only in order for me to get pregnant. I wonder if he would touch me once I became pregnant.
There was no love between the two of us. I like to think of us as fire and ice. I was the fire and fire can definitely melt ice but than the ice would turn to water and put out the fire.

I heard the door open downstairs. My husband is home. Even though we rarely talked I looked forward to having dinner with him.
I took one last look at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked presentable. The young woman with long brown hair, large hazel colored eyes glued on a pale face with hair cheeck bones stared back.

"Why are you so ugly?" I asked my reflection out loud. Yes, I occasionally talked to myself.

"You are not ugly," I jumped at the sound of his smooth calm voice. I hadn't noticed when he had entered the room.

I stared at man standing at the door our bedroom with an open mouth. My husband is a fine man. He soft dark hair which is always combed back and never out of place. His eyes are grey ar least I think they are grey. I never look directly into his eyes. They are cold and lifeless. His nose is sharp and lips are perfect. His jaw seems like it has been carved by the finest craftsman and he has just the right amount of muscle under that navy blue armani he was wearing. He only owned three colors. Blue, black and grey.

"Now if your done looking at yourself can we have dinner? " he asked.

I nodded. And just like that he left me alone our my room. No, honey I am home. No kiss, no how was your day?, not even a hug.

Pouting I made my downstairs. This has got to change. Since I have nothing to do my goal from today onwards is to make my husband fall in love with me!