Where Is She Staying?

" it's apparent Phoebe is one of the most endangered victims he has captured yet.. because of her uncanny resemblance to his late mother. She has been sent to foster home, to foster home. and then he finally found her, he started stalking her 2 years ago and then he finally got the nerve to attack.. but luckily agent Morgan an agent JJ was on the case, before he kill her." Hotch spoke laying out the case file.

Reid's POV-

"Where will she be staying? Safehouse?" I asked.

"Good thing you brought that up...Spencer she'll be staying at your apartment with you" Garcia smiled.

"Wait...what? Nobody told me this?" I spoke.

"well, now you know" Garcia smirked.

"Well that's not fair why is she staying at my place?" I asked.

"Spencer, you are closer to her age, you relate to her more? and we thought you could use some human interaction" Hotch demanded.

" I'm sorry but no offense I have nothing in common with her? unless she's a super genius like me..are you?" I asked trying to prove a point.

Then I glanced at her face, I could tell that I upset her. I felt terrible for being such an idiot and a dick. I just didn't appreciate that Hotch decided that someone would stay at my house without knowledge.
after the briefing I went back to my desk. a few minutes later Phoebe walked by my desk.

"I'm sorry for being rude back there. I just was flustered" I spoke.

"It's fine, I get it. so Hotch said that you could have the day off today so I could move into your place" she nervously spoke.

I nodded at her and I got my things then we were off. the car ride was kind of awkward and silent. when I finally got to my place I unlocked the door and I showed her around.

"you're very neat" she asked touching the kitchen counters.

"Yes I guess I am" I said.

She laughs at my comment and sits down on my sofa.

"one of my foster mom's, she talked about you all the time, how you are so smart and a child prodigy" She spoke trying to start a conversation.

I nodded in agreement not sure how to start this conversation up. she bit her lip.

"Are you stressed?" I asked making myself another cup of coffee.

she laughs at the question like it's absurd. " well I certainly didn't almost get murdered by a serial murderer did I now?" She snapped back.

" no its not that, you seem stressed over something else..?" I asked

"Well, Dr Reid you caught me... I mean why wouldn't I be stressed out living with a person I don't even know." She snapped.

Few minutes later

"I'm sorry"

" no I'm sorry I'm just stressed out because the whole near death experience thing, and then on top of that finding out that I'm living with one of the smartest people I've ever heard of. it's just overwhelming" she rambled

" that's understandable"

" so I'm really tired so where am I going to sleep?" She asked holding her dufflebag.

" you can sleep in my bed if you want to.. I'll sleep on the couch" I motioned.

"thanks"