City of Lights? You Mean City of Getting Lost, Right?

Harry staggered over to the bathroom, muttering soft curses as he nearly crashed into the sink. "Fletchling, you suck," he groaned out, splashing himself with cold water in an attempt to wake him up.

Fletchling merely twittered in reply. It's already eight o'clock.

"Yeah, but I was hoping to sleep in," was his disappointed reply. "But we do have Lumiose to explore, so I reckon that's alright."

The Pokémon Centre he was staying in was massive, with trade lounges and video call rooms and hallways that went on and on. Thankfully, he had managed to snag a room – despite the number of rooms, Lumiose was a big city and it did host a lot of Pokémon Trainers at all times, not to mention the Trainers challenging the fifth Gym of the Kalos circuit. Harry shuddered at the idea of sleeping in one of the super-fancy places, and then ending up bankrupt by the time he woke up.

Ralts, perched on the windowsill, gave a soft hum of contentment. The rising sun has left us presents, she murmured.

Harry blinked. "Huh?" he asked, joining her on the windowsill. Ralts leaned lightly against him. On the windowsill.

Harry looked down and instantly turned away, flashes of light assaulting his eyes. "Holy Arceus, why is it so bright?"

There's a reason it's called BrightPowder, came Ralts' very unhelpful reply.

Harry just groaned. "I know, but this is too early," he complained as he went over to his Bag, searching for a bottle. "Oh well, if it's here we may as well use it." He scooped up the BrightPowder, flinching at the light. "Where did it even come from anyway?"

Summer is Vivillon season, Ralts pointed out, oblivious to his pain. Anyway, the city is stirring. We should probably get an early start, in this City of Lights.

~OoOoOoO~

After Harry had left the Pokémon Centre, he looked around, disorientated. Lumiose was... well, it was big.

He didn't really have a plan for the day, except maybe explore around a little and go to Sycamore Labs. The professor had gone far enough to add a message onto his Holo Caster, so it was the least Harry could do.

Wandering around Lumiose, though, didn't end up as a good idea. The street sign read 'Estival Avenue'. While it was open-air and fairly bright, it didn't seem like a particularly interesting place. No trainers or even other people in sight on the polished cobblestones.

Fletchling sighed from her usual spot. We're lost, aren't we? Oh, look, there's a Gogoat coming towards us.

Harry blinked at the random statement, before yelping and leaping onto the sidewalk as a Gogoat passed by, someone riding on its back. Wait a minute...

"Hey! Mister!" he shouted. "Mister Driver!"

...That was a really lame name, but he couldn't think of anything else to call the guy. And that was only if he actually was a cab driver. He really did hope so, though.

The Gogoat, thankfully, skidded to a stop, slowly turning around. Its rider hopped down from its back. "What?" he snapped, and Harry realised that the driver wasn't all that much older than him. The clothes gave it away – a Punk, was that what the class was called?

"Erm, you're one of those Lumiose Gogoat shuttle drivers, aren't you?" Harry asked, feeling awkward.

The Punk rolled his eyes. "No, I'm actually Diantha. Of course I'm a freaking cab driver. And from the looks of it, you're some newbie kid who just got their Pokémon license and got lost here in Lumiose."