An Invitation

I was sitting in the living room, watching TV but felt really bored. Suddenly my cell phone went off. When I checked the caller's ID I found that it was Seth.

"Hey Seth what's up?" I asked receiving the call.

"Hey, you coming to Emily's today? Chloe and Leah would be there too." I really wanted to meet Chloe but I wasn't sure about Leah. The things that I've heard about her. I really didn't want to get on her bad side, that's for sure.

"I'll be there at four thirty." I replied confirming my arrival. It took me approximately half an hour to get ready and get there.

Once I got there, I met Chloe. She was a really nice girl and perfect for Embry in every way. Leah on the other hand didn't even reply to my hello. But I was grateful anyway that she didn't acknowledge me. Paul was nagging her about something and Leah tried to phase in the room to tear him off into pieces. If I were to describe Leah in one phrase it'd be a ticking time bomb; not to mention with a warning label of 'stay away from me as much as possible'. I took that warning to heart and decided to stay away from her as much as possible. While I was talking to Chloe and Kim, I got a call from mom. Chloe was telling me about how she and Embry met the first time. I was very eager to hear the whole story but I had to excuse myself. After all I was getting a call from mom.

"I'm sorry but I have to take this." Saying that I excused myself and went outside of the house to avoid the noises.

"Hey mom, guess what? I'm at Emily's right now and I finally met Chloe and Leah. They are really nice. Chloe's been telling me about how she met Embry just before you called." Mom giggled a little hearing me blabber without any pause in it.

"I should hang up then. I know how much you enjoy hearing real life love stories. I'm happy that you're having fun sweetie" said mom sounding pleased.

"I miss you mom." I said in a low tone of voice. Suddenly I started feeling a little sad. I missed mom a lot.

"I miss you too baby. Just hold on for two more months then I'll take a long vacation and we will spend the entire time together." This new information definitely cheered up my mood to the highest peak.

"Really?" I exclaimed with excitement, jumping up and down on the balls of my feet.

"Promise.... Now go back to your friends. I can't wait to meet everyone and thank them personally for keeping my angel so happy." After that we hung up saying good byes to each other and I re-entered the house but the atmosphere was completely changed as if someone had died suddenly. The air was heavy and the boys were all looking at me angrily. There was disappointment in their eyes too. And the girls looked nervous as well. I frowned at them with confusion.

"What happened? Why are you guys looking at me like I've killed someone." I looked at Seth for a hint but he too looked pissed off for some unknown reasons.

"No worse" said Embry glaring at me openly. I was completely taken aback by that. I started to get worried too because I had no idea what they were accusing me of.

"Laila, we trusted you and you just broke it" said Quil and looked away from me as if ashamed of me. I couldn't help but narrow my eyes at him.

"Seriously, what are you guys talking about?" Just as I asked this, Jake came over to me and stood right in front of me in his full height which looked rather scary to me. Emily tried to stop Jake from getting closer to me but Sam stopped her.

"You told everything about us to your mother when you knew it is a tribe secret." Jake accused me without any hesitation. Damn I wanted to punch him in the face for even thinking like that. But I knew doing that I'd only hurt myself. The jerk wouldn't even feel it so I kept my hands to myself.