Chapter 15: Letter in the mail

I'm picking up the mail one day coming in from school. Bills, bills, occasional advertisement. Then one caught my eye. One addressed to Cassidy Anaya Beckham. Return address from LA. I put the rest of the mail on the kitchen island and open my letter.

Dear Cassidy,

We have been watching your musical talents and we want to invite you to our camp in sunny Los Angeles. We would like to hear from you soon.

Musically yours,

Ashton Willis.

I heard the front door open and its my parents. "Hey Cassidy." Dad calls. "Hey you guys. I got something in the mail for a music camp in LA." I say. Dad takes the letter from me and reads it. He smiles. "Odell, I don't like that smile. I know it too well." Mom says.  "What had happened is that I sent in one of Cassidy's vocal recordings." he says. "Daddy! How could you do this without telling me? I had my summer planned and that included going to Paris with Mom." I say.

"Cassidy. I figure you would want this." he says. I drop my bag on the couch and walk up the stairs.

Madison's POV.

"Baby." Odell calls out behind our daughter. He turns back to me. "Whoa." he says. "What the hell is wrong with you Odell? How could you do this without telling her then me? Once you set YOUR mind to it we have to follow suit. But you gone to damn far this time Odell." I say. "Maddie! She has the world's best voice." he sys. "You just want her to be away from Jeilani. I ain't going to have it Odell. You ain't doing this to my child." I say as I climb our stairs.

Cassidy was lying face down in the center of her king size bed. She had the white leather headboard and everything. Her terrance door was open and her speakers were playing J. Cole's 'Apparently'. "Hey baby." I say. "If you want me to forgive him, I'm not Mama." she says.

"I'm not asking you to forgive him. I know your Dad can do everything without telling us. But your father has gone to far." I say. "He just wants me away from Jeilani. He ain't slick Ma." I say. I take a seat on the side of her bed and she just snuggles up to me. "I know your father is an idiot. Trust. I been with him since college." I say.

Odell's POV

Both of my girls highly pissed at me. Once Maddie came back down she looked at me. "Fix it Odell. Fix it!" she says. I sigh and before I go face my teenage daughter I sneak out the house and go into the city to get baby girl her favorite meal from her favorite restaurant. Once I got back upstairs she was looking up at her ceiling.

"Hey baby." I say. She just looks at me. "Still mad at Daddy?" I asks. "Yeah." she says. "I bought dinner." I say. "Daddy you know I can't be bought. You know that out of all people." she says as she throws me a pillow.

I catch it with one hand. "Well. Come on Daddy Baby. You can't  be mad at Daddy forever." I say. "Yeah I can." she says. I set down the food and go and lay beside her.

"I love you Cassie." I say