If These Sheets Were States

A different room than before. A different bed than before. Both having their mind stuck about one another. What happened earlier sure was tragic, and now here they are, thinking of what could have possibly happened to each other.

This bed's an island made of feather down
And I'm stuck here alone
With little else but memories
Of you on memory foam

Their bright days with their family were already over. Their happiness were already gone. But their memories together stayed with them. Flashbacks of them playing together, talking with one another, played in their minds as their eyes let out tears that slowly made it's way to the pillow they were on.

Visions of a brighter love
I'd kill for one more day
To pool my thoughts
And find the words to say

This was the meaning of pain for them. The pain they never wanted to perceive. Both boys sobbed as they think of the words they should have said earlier, rather than letting the other see them cry.

For Mikaela Hyakuya, turning into a vampire is not the best option, but it will give him more time to find him and be with him for a bit longer. And to actually say what he wanted to say to him before he tells him to run. Thinking about him makes him want to see that boy one more time and be able to hug him tight. He would kill just to see him again.

If these sheets were the states
And you were miles away
I'd fold them end over end
To bring you closer to me

Yuuichiro Hyakuya, the boy who settles with the thought of killing vampires to avenge his family's death, and to avenge his friend's death. Mikaela was very close to him, and to him, Mika is more than a friend. That's what he wanted to tell him so badly before Yuu runs away from the scene. Running away and leaving him was really painful, and now he'd swear to fight vampires to avenge his death.

From different beds, both sobbed their hearts out as they pulled their blankets near their chest, wishing the two of them to be together again. Flashbacks once again replayed in their heads, making more tears to flow out of their eyes.

Because I don't sleep at all
Without you pressed up against me

Midnight is the time where people are supposed to be resting. Or for some people, they find it time to have deep thoughts. For these two boys, sleeping is now a problem. They weren't used to sleep alone. They used to sleep together in a room. Everytime they'd close their eyes, the bloody scene before replays in their mind.

I settle for long distance calls
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again

Years passed, but not a single word was heard about each other to the both of them. One of them thinks that his friend was already dead, as the other one thinks of his friend being used by the dirty humans.

Everytime night falls, they know it's time to go to sleep and rest after a day of killing vampires/humans. This time though, only Yuu falls asleep peacefully. Mika was alone in the rooftop of a building, staring at the moon as he talks to himself, imagining that Yuu is with him. What he doesn't know is that his friend was already making new friends, that's why Yuu can peacefully sleep.

This room's become a mausoleum
Filled with relics of regret
Paying dues to every moment
Wasted on words left unsaid

The nightmare once again visited Yuu while he was asleep. The scene kept on repeating and it hurts so badly. A part of him regrets what he have done -where he ran away to save himself- but a part of him was also thankful for being alive, so that he can avenge their death. But still, if he would be given a chance to talk to him, that will be the greatest gift he can have.

Collisions of a finer love
I'd kill for one more way
To tell you how you make me
Better every day

The blond was given a pat by his partner who goes by the name Ferid. This Ferid is his partner when it comes to their missions. Mika admits that he got used to Ferid's company. He's always there beside him and sometimes he do annoy the living hell out of Mika. Mika only wishes for Yuu to be beside him, instead of the silver-haired vampire. Everything is better with Yuu, he says to himself.

If these sheets were the states
And you were miles away
I'd fold them end over end
To bring you closer to me

That's why when they finally got to see each other, emotions started to fill their stomach. Tears were about to fall out of their eyes again. But why? They could have bumped into each other in a more natural way. In a more simple and normal way. It never strucked them that they will meet during a fight against vampires and humans.

The raven teen cannot believe what he is seeing. Mika is alive. His only family is still alive. But he pauses when he realizes that Mika was with the vampires. What could have possibly happen? Is Mika..?!

Because I don't sleep at all
Without you pressed up against me

Mika was shocked to see Yuu. He glares at the humans Yuu was with, thinking that they were just using Yuu and his friend wasn't aware of that. He wanted to reach out for him. He wanted to touch him. He wanted to hug him so bad. But what if he doesn't want me anymore because I have turned into a vampire?, he thinks. He shooks his head. Ferid gave him time to rescue his princess, saying that he should go and get his family back. Mika did what he thinks is right.

I settle for long distance calls
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again

He dashes to carry Yuu in his arms, and fled away, ignoring the shouts of Yuu's friends.

They did talk. But it was simply quick. He spoke to Yuu about running away with him and leaving everything behind. That the humans were just using him. But it looks like Yuu doesn't want to. Instead, Yuu turns into a monster after. He watches as Yuu enters the battlefield. Red eyes and black wings, that's what Yuu has now. The raven's friends were in danger and he suspects that Yuu changed to save his so-called friends.

Many things happened after that. Mika even acted as a shield to protect the woman who was with Yuu. But no, he did not protect the woman because he wanted to. He did that for Yuu. Because he knew Yuu isn't like this. He isn't like this at all. He shouldn't be turning into a monster.

He was surprised when Yuu turned normal again after the purple-haired woman before hugged Yuu. His Yuu. And it pained him to see many human surrounding his unconscious Yuu.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again

In the end, they still had forgotten the words they were supposed to say to each other. A simple three-worded phrase and they still haven't gotten a chance to say it. But the simple fact that both of them are alive was enough to keep their lives going. They can still see each other. They can still say the phrase they really wanted to tell. Patience is key, isn't it? Yuu swears, that he will save his Mika from the vampires.

Mika promises the same thing, too. He will definitely save his Yuu from the humans.

--YuuMika--MikaYuu--YuuMika--MikaYuu--
||Hey!! XD
Thank you for reading this one-shot~ :D
I'm not really familiar with songfics so it's my first time writing one (*^▽^)/ I really hope you liked it :3 I know it's not really romantic but heyyyy at least I tried ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

Oh btw, I love ATL so much and every time I listen to this song, I remember Mika and Yuu xD that's basically why I made this. How about you guys? How many of you knows this song? ヾ(^-^)ノ Who likes ATL here, too? XD

Anyway, see you next time~||