Why didn't you tell me?

Months passed, Althea and I decided to go on a vacation. She's the one who chose the place, and now we are here. It's a rural area, and it's obviously far away from the city. I didn't bother to ask where exactly we are because as long as I am with her, I feel safe.

"Lablab, you look pale." she said while caressing my left cheek with her right hand. She looked worried. I forgot to put makeup on.

"I'm fine, lab. I'm just tired from the trip." I lied again. I really don't feel well. The doctor advised me not to take too many trips because there are tendencies that my immune system will not approve of it. He's not kidding, alright.

She removed her cap and placed it on my head, pulled me close to her, then smiled.

"Feeling any better?" she asked.

I nodded as a response then we continued walking. It took us a few minutes before we reached a resort-looking place.

"Wait for me, okay? Stay here." she made me sit on one of the benches then she left.

I saw her talking to an old man. I presume he's the caretaker judging by the equipments he's holding. They talked for a while and I noticed that they are now looking at my direction.The old man smiled and waved his hand. He doesn't look like some of those bad guys so I did the same. I looked at Althea and she signaled me to come closer.

"I already talked to him and he allowed us to stay. So, let's go? By the way, thank you, sir." The man nodded and smiled at us. We stayed in a small and cute nipa hut where we have the best place to see the beautiful and calm, blue sea. This is also what I like about Thea, she knew the things that can make me make me feel peaceful. After we unpacked our things, we roamed by the seashore. She brought her camera and took pictures of us. She captured everything even my epic shots. I can see that she is really happy. While posing for another shot, I felt dizzy. Then suddenly, my vision became blurry.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, lying on a plain white bed. Then I realized that I am in a hospital room. I decided to pull myself up, but I couldn't carry myself. That's when Althea went inside. She looked at me but didn't have any emotions on her face.

"Lablab? What happened? What am I doing here?" I asked, while preparing myself to answer my own questions once she figures everything out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she said in a cold voice, still standing near the door.

"Tell you what? What are you talking about?" damn it, Jade! Just tell her already!

"Stop lying, Jade! Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about! Why didn't you tell me about your f*cking illness?!" She said angrily.

I didn't say anything. I don't know what to feel right now. Althea is mad at me, even yelled at me. I should have known how to react to this for I kept everything to her for a long time, but I still don't. I covered my face with my hands and cried as hard as I could. It hurts but I know that I caused her too much pain, too.

I felt arms around me. I know it was her so I buried my face on her chest. We're both crying now. Once again, with her hug, I felt safe.

I didn't mean to hurt her, but I already did.

We pulled away from each other's hug. I was about to speak when I saw her face. She's still crying.

"I'm so sorry, Jade. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm sorry." her voice cracked.

I didn't respond.

"Lablab, why didn't you tell me?" She asked again, calmer this time.

"I'm sorry, Thea. I didn't have the courage to tell you. I got so afraid. I don't want you to feel sad." I explained while staring at the floor.

"You should've told me. I feel like I'm a useless girlfriend. I didn't even noticed that my girl is ill. I'm really sorry, Jade..." she said while crying.

"Don't say that. I'm the one who never told you about this. Don't blame yourself, please."

She hugged me again. it seems like the tears in our eyes will never dry up. The doctor came in. Althea wiped away my tears.

"I am going to be honest with you. Ms. Jade, the cancer has already spread throughout your body. I regret to tell you that we estimated that you will only have 2 to 5 months to live. I am really sorry."

Althea suddenly fell on the hospital floor. I don't know what to feel right now. Am I really going to die?

Yes.

I am.