I frowned. "But I'm at work."

"Oh...never mind. You see, I called Josh earlier thinking he could do it but it went straight to voicemail. I haven't been able to get ahold of him lately which is strange. I called you hoping you could help me out but I don't think you can either. But that's alright. I'll go do it myself. Thanks for your time though."

"It's no problem but can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Sure! What is it?"

"I don't know how to say this nicely so I'll just say it. ...I don't want to deal drugs anymore. It has nothing to do with you. It's just--I want to change and be a better person and I feel that in order to be one, I need to stop selling drugs. I'm sorry." It felt good saying that but I was afraid of what he'd think. After a moment of silence, he spoke up.

"You shouldn't be, Harry. I'm happy for you. You're making the right choice. ...Just promise me one thing: that we'll keep in contact. I'd love to see how you're doing."

"We'll definitely keep in contact," I promised.

"Great! Well I'll see you around. Have a great day, Harry."

"Thank you and you too." I hung up the phone. I stared at the black screen for a while before putting it in my pocket.

It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was happy with the progress I was making. Today is going to be a good day.

.

.

*Dani's POV*

I walked to class with Josh right behind me. I told him I had class to go to but he kept talking and following me. Sooner or later, I'm going to have to put my foot down and tell him that we can't see each other anymore. But what stopped me from doing so was how he wasn't right in the head. How is he going to take it?

"Are you free this Friday?" Josh asked.

"No," I answered.

"How about Saturday?"

"I'm busy that day."

"But how? You don't have classes on the weekend."

"I have a ton of readings to catch up on and a paper due next week."

"Oh. So when are you free? I'd like to take you out to lunch or dinner some time."

"I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend," I lied. I had no idea where that lie came from but I hope it'd work and that he'd leave me alone. Josh's eyes widened in shock and he stopped walking.

"Who--what? When?" he asked, out of breath. He stared at me in disbelief. I just stayed silent. I didn't think he'd ask so many questions. I'll have to properly think things through next time I tell a lie.

"He...he's a great guy."

"Who is he?"

"He's...a very good friend of mine. We've known each other for a while."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No! Of course not!" I said, laughing awkwardly. I'm the worst liar ever.

"Well I'm happy for you. I'd like to meet this, um...'boyfriend' of yours."

"Yeah! If he's around, I'll introduce him to you."

"...Okay," Josh answered. And with that, he just walked away without saying goodbye. He didn't look too happy but I was glad he was gone for now. What did I just get myself into and where can I find a boyfriend?!

I was finally in class but I couldn't pay attention to what the professor was saying. What he said went in one ear and out the other. Rachel tapped my shoulder and I sat up straight, startled.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Are you okay? Class is over, let's go," Rachel replied. I embarrassingly gathered my notebook and pen. How did I not know class was over?

"Can I borrow your notes? I didn't take any."

"Didn't pay attention, did you?" Rachel asked, smirking. "Of course you can. But tell me first--what's on your mind?" She fanned herself with her notes and waited for my response. Should I tell her the truth? Eh, why not? She might have a solution to this problem.

"I need a boyfriend," I blurted out. "Long story short, I lied about having a boyfriend so this one guy would leave me alone. Now I need to prove to him that I have one." Rachel started laughing uncontrollably but handed me her notes nonetheless. I reluctantly grabbed them and put them in my bag.

"How did you even get into that situation in the first place? You're too funny! But I know who could be your boyfriend," she said thoughtfully. I raised my eyebrow in curiosity.

"Who?" I racked my brain trying to figure out who she had in mind. Rachel and her crazy ideas. She just stared at me and smiled evilly which made me nervous.

"Harry."