A small task

Narrator's POV

Life hasn't been easy for you. Sure it was great having powers and having an all powerful, all knowing, dream demon as your father, but it's not easy. You never knew your mother, never actually went into the mortal world, and your father is a pain in the butt. You had some relatives in the Mindscape, but they rarely ever visited you. Mainly cause they are from different dimensions and you need to time everything just right, but still! I just wish Uncle Will would visit again, sooner rather then later.

You looked around your room. Nothing to do. Read every book you could think of, drew all your ideas on paper, and you can't watch anything on your weird TV until tomorrow. Your dad was in the mortal, or real, world, doing who knows what.

"Ugh, I wish something could happen." You complained to yourself as you plopped on your bed, your golden hair spread out on the pillow. Your hair is h/c, but sometimes it just becomes a metallic gold at random intervals. You've noticed that a lot of times is when your with your dad. And, thinking about it, that's not the only thing. Every day you wear your f/c t-shirt and jeans, but when your around your dad, you are seen in a yellow dress with brick designs on the bottom. Your dad always wants you to dress formal, like he always did.

Like anything is ever going to happen. You think to yourself, letting out a huff of annoyance. You snap your fingers and some Pit Cola, a drink your father once gave you, appeared in your hand.

"Y/N Cipher, I have exciting news!" Your father called.

....

"Wait, what?"

Your father wants you to go destroy something he calls the 'Journals'. Not a 'Hey lets hand out' or 'Its been awhile since we visited interdimensional family, lets go'. No, because it never is.

"And why can't you do this yourself?" You asked as he magically packed your stuff. "Because, Pinetree and Shooting Star need someone they can trust, and when you get your hands on the Journals, destroy them. "

"But- wait dad-" You managed to say, before he shoved you into the portal.

Falling, falling, and falling in total darkness. "Wow, that happened fast." You say to yourself. "Kicks me out of the Mindscape like yesterday's trash. And to do what? His dirty work. Thanks a lot Dad!" You yelled up to were you we falling from, anger in your tone. Next thing you know, clouds apeared in front of you, and you glance behind you. The trees are coming up fast, and you prepare for the impact.

Pain. Not alot of it, but it was enough to make you chuckle. It was part of being a Cipher, pain was hilarious. But sometimes it isn't funny, and it hurts. That's your human side being more prominent. You got up and looked around. Nothing but trees, and more trees. Just great. Couldn't make me land near a trail or something? You thought to yourself. You gripped your bag, and started hovering.

Soon you were flying above the trees, just enjoying yourself. "Good to be out of the Mindscape for once." You say to yourself, wind whistling past. "Ok, let's find Pine Tree and Shooting Star." You fly to the ground and land on your feet. You brushed your h/l h/c hair out of your face.

I guess in the mortal world, I look different from when I'm home.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Said a voice from behind you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, sorry it's so short. Here is some help, just in case you didn't understand

H/l- Hair length
H/c- Hair color
Y/n- Your name

Hoped you liked this, and I will be posting a seconded part soon.

(Hi, it's Morning. I would like to point out that Im currently rewriting this story, editing it actually, so if the text seems like it's written fairly nice then suddenly sloppy, it's because I haven't fixed that part yet. Oh! And you might see these little edits popping around too. Have a wonderful day dear readers!)