Four: Luke

"Light yourself on fire with passion and people will come from miles to watch you burn." -John Wesley

Luke Hemmings

After my encounter with Nora, I felt like steam was bubbling out of my ears.

She got me so worked up, and she was a freshman. Usually, I paid no attention to freshmen, but for some odd reason, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I walked into Olivia's room, noticing her laying on her bed, a thin sheet wrapped around her chest, not leaving much to the imagination.

Not that I needed to imagine, considering I had had her shirtless and moaning only hours prior.

"Luke," She said, watching me put my shirt back on, my pants following suit. 

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at her as I buttoned up my pants.

"Where are you going? I was hoping we could go for a round two," She questioned.

"Uh, home?" I replied.

She nodded, standing up and putting her shirt on. "M'kay. Have a safe walk back."

I smiled at her. I liked Olivia, because she was uncomplicated. She didn't want more with me, and I really appreciated it. I didn't see her too often, but she was really nice to talk to. I had tutored her earlier on in our college years, and she knew that I was pretty smart. Which, when talking to girls, wasn't the most impressive thing. At least not to most girls.

"Thanks, see you in Calc," I said, stepping out of the room and closing the door.

I slowly walked across the campus, meaning to make my way back to the frat house, only I stopped in front of the library. I had already finished The Woman In White, and thinking of the title made me think of Nora.

She probably hated me. Not that I minded; a lot of people did. It was a shame, considering how pretty she was. She was incredibly annoying, though, and that took away from her whole "innocent-but-sexy" look.

I walked into the building, greeting the old woman at the desk.

"Hey, Dani," I said with a grin.

"Luke," She scolded playfully. "I told you to stop calling me that. People might think we're having an affair."

I laughed. "Right, because you'd leave Ron for me."

She snorted. "Yeah. You know, after you spend fourty years married to someone, it gets kinda boring."

I grinned genuinely at her, leaning my elbows on her desk. "Got anything new for me?"

"You're in luck, actually. We just got in some new books. They're by the autobiographies."

"Are they already coded into the system?"

She looked at me dumbly. "Right, because you're going to lose one of our books. Besides, no one's supposed to be taking out any books before the semester has started. The only reason we're open is solely for lookers."

I smiled sheepishly at her, walking away from her desk. "You're an angel!"

"Yeah, yeah," She waved in dismissal.

I made my way to the section of autobiographies, noticing the deep basket full of new books. I picked one up and started reading the back of it.

I generally liked fiction more than non-fiction, and it seemed that we had gotten in a plethora of fictitious stories. I was giddy, considering that all the college usually bought were books about cells, math theorems, and the history of Napoleon.