Chapter 8

I walked down to the restuarant on the corner with the guys. Every so often, we would go out to have dinner before we went out drinking. Usually when none of us could be bothered to cook. Sophia's fifth birthday was in three weeks time and I was trying to get the promotion at work, and was trying to get everything else done as well. 

"Meg wants you to go pick her dress with her." Chris sat down at the booth next to Mark and looked at me. 

"Me? Why?"

"Because even though she's picked her bridesmaids, and Nicole is going to be one Mark if you're still together come the big day, she wants the opinion of people who know me and her. And apparently, you're the best-friend to her, and one of my best mates, so you've got the job."

"Now I feel rejected." Tom laughed and I elbowed him playfully. "Nah, it's good man. She's got my Mom going, and those couple of friends of hers, Kylie and Pam, and so I'm being taken along as the big brother. My Dad wants to wait until he's about to walk her down the aisle, wants the surprise, and apparently someone needs to take care of Mom. You've got to come and keep me company."

"I'll be there. So Chris..."

"Mark's the best man. We might argue the most, buy you and Tom will be each others, so we have it agreed that we'll be each others best man. Plus, with you two working all the time and being the tight friends that you are, and having my girl, no way am I giving either of you the satisfaction of being on both the bride and groom's side. You're Megs on that day."

"Sorry guys. Chris and I resolved our issues." Mark smirked and shut his phone, finishing sending his text. "So, Nicole doesn't want to, but I was thinking of bringing her to Sophia's birthday. Everyone will be happy and you know I have serious issues with being an ass around Sophia, so I'm thinking it's the perfect time to let her meet you all. She's met Chris obviously, and Tom, so it's actually just you Nate, and your girl, and your families."

"That's throwing her in the deep end sligthly Mark, but she's more than welcome. I'd quite like to meet this girl, and give her my condolences."

"You are such an ass."

"Hi, I'm Rosanna, I'll be your-" I looked up at the name and smiled when I saw her stood there, bruise free and looking happy and hotter than ever in her black skirt and tucked in blouse, her hair longer than when I'd last seen her a month ago. "Nate?"

"So you took my advice then and got the job here?"

"Yeah, I came by after I left yours. They were a bit wary because of the bruises and stuff, but the girls here were nice and got the manager to give me the job. I started the day after. Got myself a nice place over in town as well."

"Really? You going back to college?"

"I actually just did my finals. I figured why not, I knew it all anyway, and I started my job last week. You wouldn't believe how many places scout colleges just to look for any young graduates who do well."

"Did you do well?"

"First Honors. Anyway, what can i get you guys?"

"Beers all round." Tom answered and held his hand out. "Tom, Nate's best friend. That's Chris, and that's Mark, his other best mates. You're Rosie then?"

"Yeah that's me. I'll grab those drinks for you." she walked away and I laughed at the way Tom's head moved around mine to watch her walk away. She was so damn hot, if I didn't know what she'd been through I would definitely be all over that.

"Dude, shut your mouth." Chris hit Tom around the head and he sat back. 

"She is damn fine Nate, why did you not do that?"