Chapter 3

"Nate!" Mom screamed for me from downstairs. I had literally just stepped out of the shower. So with my towel still around my waist, I ran down the stairs, panicked. "She wants you."

"She wants me? Did you have to scream like that? I thought something was seriously wrong Mom." I walked over and took Sophia from my Mom. "It's alright baby. Daddy's here." I rocked her on my shoulder and she seemed to snuggle into my bare skin and fall asleep instantly. "Can you please not give me a heart attack next time?"

"Sorry honey." She laughed and gave me one of those looks Mom's give you when they want to pinch your cheeks and call you adorable. I rolled my eyes at her and carried Sophia upstairs with me and lay her in her crib whilst I got dressed. 

My room was practically empty now. With college started in just a week all of our things had been packed up and the removal people were coming that day to take all of our things up to our new flat, where Tom and Mark were already sorting things out. All that was left, was for Chris and I to catch our flight up the next day because I refused to make Sophia sit in a car for a whole day of travelling at her age. 

I went back to Sophia and just stood beside her crib, watching her sleep peacefully. It had become almost a way for me to get rid of the stress and pressure I was under sometimes. I would just stand there and watch her sleep, and it just made me realize how I had to keep going so that I could give her the life she deserved. 

"You all ready to go?" Chris strolled into my room and lay down on my bed. 

"I got cookies!" Megan bounded in after him and sat on the bed next to Chris and I rolled my eyes at how he didn't even realize he moved his arm around her to put his hand on her waist, and she passed him a cookie and held the plate out to me. "My Mom gave them to me to give to you. Apparently you need extra strentgh with raising a baby." 

"Well thanks." I took the plate and sat down on the chair next to Sophia's crib and ate the cookies slowly, savouring them, it was going to be the last home-baked food I got in a while.

We were sat around talking when Sophia woke up, and the only way we noticed was because she started to blabber nonsense, just a bunch of weird baby sounds, but it was ridiculously cute. She did all the time now. 

"Come to Aunt Megan." Meg held her hand out and kneeled on the floor across the room from where I put Sophia, and she started to pull herself along the floor but she was trying to teach herself to crawl, and everytime she got frustrated, she'd turn and look at me like I could help her, so my usual thing was to go over to her and lift her up so she was sat on the floor and she'd try again. 

"God, why do I feel like less of a man in this room?" Chris shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Because I'm in the room and make you feel superior." I answered bluntly and Megan laughed before she could stop herself, getting a hard stare from Chris. "Hey, don't blame Meg, we all know you have masculinity issues."

"Whatever mate. Meg babe, do you want to go now?"

"I wanted to play with Sophia some more. I might not see her for months."

"And your boyfriend?"

"I'll see you."

"Yeah? Well if I'm living with Nate, when exactly if you aren't seeing him huh? God Meg, I'm leaving in the morning, thanks a hell of a lot for wanting to spend some damn time with me." He walked out of the room and slammed the door shut behind him and Megan sat back on the floor and started to play with Sophia's toy. 

"You alright babe?" I stood up and went to the window to see if Chris was gone, but his car was still sat there. 

"I don't want to be alone with him."