Chapter 9

Adrian's POV

Jesse. It's been awhile since I've heard that name. The name that would send me flying up to the clouds, and make my heart skip a beat every time I heard it. Her name always seemed to have that affection on me, and at the same time it made me hate it even more. Pure anger rose inside me. I clenched my fist and I looked away from the camera screen and looked down. Autumn was still staring back at me waiting for an answer. So I sighed and all I was able to get out was, "a friend I was knew." She stayed still for awhile just looking back at the camera. It seemed to be an eternity before she broke the silence.

"Well she's really pretty." That's all she said before she got up smiled and walked away leaving me there with nothing but my own silence.

~*~

The entire night consisted of me twisting and turning replaying memories of moments with Jesse. Remembering how her laugh would harmonize through these halls. Her smile always leaving me breathless and making my heart sing. Unfortunately in life all good things come to an end. Shaking off all these bad memories I decide to get up from my bed and take a walk. I headed out to the hall way and started walking down but quickly stop when I notice Autumn's door slightly open. I poked my head in just to see a restful Autumn on the bed. Her back was turned to me and I listened to her slow, calm breathing. She looked so peaceful in deep slumber, this image seemed so much like dé ja vu except the small figure sleeping on my bed, isn't the same person who broke my heart years ago. The window was opened just a crack letting the cool breeze come into the small room making a shiver run through her body. Closing the window, I walked over to her small frame and brought the covers all the way up making sure she was fully covered. "Why on earth would anyone want to do this to you?" I sighed. I glanced one more time before making my way out and closing the door shut behind me. I walked down the corridor back to my room and decided to go back to bed. Closing my eyes, wild images of soft black hair I once ran my fingers through, green eyes that would melt me away as though they were the key to my soul, lips that would once spill their undying love for me, flickered through my head. These images were more of memories and as my mind slowly started to fall into a dreamlike state, my dream soon after turned into my nightmare.