Chapter 21:Rumors?

Start from the beginning

She briefly paused and focused on the sky.

"The poor guy. He loved her. And yet she still...well I guess she had no choice, but they left on such bad terms."

Kagome looked over to across the street and suddenly saw Kikyo standing there.

"Kikyo?!" Kagome questioned her sight.

As soon as she was about to call out to her, a bus drove by and next thing she knew, Kikyo was gone.

Kagome rubbed her eyes,
"There's no way, I'm sure I was just imagining things!"

"You coming Kagome?" Inuyasha paused, looking behind him to see the distracted Kagome.

"Y-yeah..."

It was already lunch and Miroku, Ayame, and Kagome were sitting at their usual table. Inuyasha still hadn't shown up.

"Where could he be?" Kagome asked herself.

"Where's Inuyasha?" Ayame asked.

"Not quite sure I saw him in 3rd block," Miroku told her.

"And he was in 2nd with me," Kagome said.

Next thing they knew there was a backpack thrown on the floor beside Kagome and Inuyasha plopped down in his chair.

"There you are!" Ayame pointed out.

"Sorry. Had to get some food in line, but that damn Sesshomaru kept holding me up!" Inuyasha shouted directing his eyes towards Sesshomaru.

"Silence you worthless half breed," Sesshomaru said raising his voice.

"You wanna fight Sesshomaru because I'm all for it!" Inuyasha threatened.

Sesshomaru cracked his knuckles as he kept his cold glare,
"Go for it."

Inuyasha quickly stood up and growled at him.

Across the room a short student came up to Sesshomaru and spoke with him,
"Don't bother with him sir, that foolish Inuyasha isn't worth your precious time!"

Sesshomaru lowered his hand,
"You are correct Jaken."

"Come over here and fight!" Inuyasha shook his fist.

Inuyasha felt a tug at his sleeve.

"Huh?"

Kagome held his sleeve tighter and looked at him,
"Inuyasha..."

"No wait!"

"Sit!"

Inuyasha slammed into the ground with his hands up.

"Can you not pick a fight with someone?!" Kagome scolded him.

"Well this is new..." Miroku said.

The bell had rang and they all went to their fourth block.

"Okay class! I've decided the date for our play, will be September 25th!" Mr. Jakotsu said.

"What?! But that's next week!" Koga shouted.

"Yes yes. But I feel we are all ready. Except for maybe Sango..." Mr. Jakotsu added.

"No she's ready! She's been practicing at home while she's been sick," Kagome stood up for her.

"Ah great! Well all of you keep practicing your lines. Inuyasha and Kagome I need to see you up here!" The teacher requested.

As they both walked up there, the others practiced their lines with each other and amongst themselves.

"I hope you are both aware that you have to kiss in a scene do you not?" the teacher told them.

"W-w-what?! Kiss?!" Inuyasha stuttered.

"Am I that bad...?! Wait what am I saying? He almost kissed me yesterday!" Kagome thought alone.

"Yes Inuyasha. it'll only be a peck. That much I can say. So lets practice!" Mr. Jakotsu ordered.

Inuyasha gulped really loud as he faced Kagome. She was blushing in a bright pink.

"Oh c'mon! Just go you two!" the teacher encouraged.

Inuyasha was just as nervous as Kagome. He saw that Kagome slowly closed her eyes as he started to lean in.
He got closer and closer to her, when he suddenly gets hit with a shoe and falls to the ground. Kagome opened her eyes and saw him on the floor

"No kissing her!" Koga shouted as his shoe slammed on the ground.

"Listen here you!" Inuyasha yelled at him, rolling his sleeves up.

Kagome sighed loudly with a little relief,
"Honestly..."