"Anybody..." Maisie joined in, her tone full of fear. I walked over and knelt down, looking her in the eyes but she turned away to look back at Yasmin.

"I'm okay... It'll be okay... promise me you won't try get revenge, that's all I want" Yasmin spluttered, blood dripping from her mouth, "T-thank you" Her head fell sideways and her body was lifeless. 

My heart felt like it was broke but I had to stay strong for Maisie. Lauren sobbed into Simon while others around us cried slowly, some sniffling.

"Yasmin? Come on Yasmin, wake up!" Maisie looked at her, her eyes widening as she tried to find a pulse, "NO YASMIN!! SHE'S MY SISTER, HELP HER!! SOMEBODY!" She looked around, sobbing uncontrollably before her eyes dropped back to Yasmin.

"Please help her" She whimpered. Accalia cried as Simon held her back pulling her back over to Lucien who watched the sight with tears forming in his eyes. 

Maisie brushed Yasmin's hair from her face before looking at me. "It's not fair..." She whimpered before pushing herself up weakly. Everyone kept there eye on her as she looked down, her hair covering her face.

The father was trying to crawl away, the shock didn't seem to be enough to kill him.. yet. "YOU PIECE OF SH!T" Maisie wailed as she dived onto the man known as the father. She repeatedly punched him and dug her nails into him while he cried out in pain.

She kicked him and did brutal things but no one stopped her until he was gone. "Maisie... stop..." I tried to talk to her as I slowly walked over but her head snapped around toward me.

Anger was in her eyes but slowly was flushed away by sadness. Her eyes glanced to Yasmin's corpse before her breathing became heavy. "W-why couldnt any of you save her... why?!" She cried, looking around the room, losing the colour in her face.

"Yasmin!!!" She wailed out before dropping to her knees and laying on the ground. Her body began to give up on her as her breathing became shallow. "Maisie? Maisie!?" I ran to her side and knelt down and soon her father was beside me.

"She's going into shock!" Her cried out and one of the wolves from his pack ran over and tried to calm her shaking body down. "Move back" He shouted to everyone around but I grabbed her hand, refusing to leave her alone. 

Seeing her like this killed me inside. "Baby, it's okay. We'll make it through this... come on baby" I tried to soothe but it seemed she was a million miles away from here. I looked behind me where Simon lifted up Yasmin's body, holding back tears in his eyes.

He looked down to me his jaw tightening before nodding his head. I looked over to Accalia who sobbed uncontrollably while Lauren tried to calm her and Lucien watched her with a pained expression, whispering to her while tears streamed down his face.

How did things go so wrong so quick?

It took me everything to not break down, I had to stay strong, I had to show hope. I snapped my head back to Maisie when I heard her breathing speeding up, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. My eyes widened before raising my eyes to the pack member who was treating her.

"What's happening?! Help her!" I growled, my wolf wanting to come out and beat the hell out of him but I knew he was trying his best.

"We have to get her back and quickly, her body is giving up, at this rate-" He didn't continue and my eyes lit up with fury and fear.

"At this rate what?!" I growled, grabbing the scruff of his collar and glaring at him. 

"Asher stop!" Rick called over to me and I let go, letting out a breath. I looked over to him and shot him a glare before turning back to Maisie and frowning. I kissed her forehead, whispering into hr ear, reassuring her, not sure if she heard me or not.

"Hurry and bring her back to the pack house" The man growled and went to pick her up. I pushed him off and easily lifted Maisie in my arms bridal style. "Make sure everyone gets back safe, from both packs, see to those who's injured" I called back before hurrying after the others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat beside her bed, looking over her. I could barely hear the sound of the monitor that was attached to her because I was so entranced. I brushed my hand through my messy hair, stubble was beginning to show from not shaving. 
I didn't have time for that, stress was getting to me.

The door opened and I sat up with a sigh and saw Lauren walk in with a small frown on her face. She passed me a cup of tea and I took it with a small 'thanks'. Her eyes examined my face before looking toward Maisie.

"You should get sleep, you have bags on your eyes" She sighed and I shook my head looking back to Maisie as I took a sip from my drink, "It's been almost been three days and Yasmin's funeral is in two days." 

I felt like a part of me was missing all the time she was asleep. I felt sick. Yasmin's death impacted on Maisie and Accalia most. I sat back in my chair and closed my eyes momentarily before opening one eye when Lauren spoke.

"Go asleep Asher, I'll watch over her" She looked at me and I let out a small sigh. I glanced over to Maisie before turning back to Lauren and nodding my head.

"I'm going to take a quick nap... wake me in an hour" I mumbled pushing myself up from the chair with a small yawn. I held Maisie's arm and gave it a small squeeze before shutting my eyes. "You'll make it through this Mai" I mumbled before turning to Lauren.

She tried to hide the small smile on her face before standing out of my way so I could pass. I nodded my head and left the room, closing the door behind me. I leaned on the wall once I was outside and brought my hands to my face.

I let out a small breath before hearing footsteps. I glanced up and found Lucien walking with a pillow in his hands. He looked up at me silently and I raised my eyebrows. "What's with the pillow?" I asked and his eyes fell down to the pillow.

"Accalia fell asleep on the couch" He said with a small shrug, "I don't want her neck to cramp up" He added and I gave him a small smirk with a small wink. "Nice".

He went slightly red before shooting me a small glare and a roll of his eyes. "So immature" He said before walking off but I quickly grabbed his arm. This took him by surprised and he looked back at me with a confused look.

"How are you holding up?" I asked sincerely and he hesitated. He seemed to think about it for a moment before letting out a small sigh. "It's difficult but I have to stay strong for Cali" He said before pausing, "But I'm dying inside... I can't believe she's gone"

I nodded my head slowly with a small frown before putting my hand on his head and ruffling his hair. He slapped my hand away with a small scowl causing me to chuckle. "You're tough Lucien" (A/N his name isnt pronounce Loo-shen, it's Loo- see- en. The french version).

He shot me a small smile before holding up the pillow. "I better get back to her incase she wakes up" He said with a nod then turned away, heading toward wherever Accalia was. I watched him until he turned the corner and I let out a sigh.

That boy was tougher than me when I was his age. I pushed myself from the wall before going to head to the kitchen to try find Rick or Hanna. I knew even if I tried to sleep I wouldn't be able to, so many thoughts were flying through my mind.

I walked through the hall before the door from where Maisie was staying flung open.  I turned back to see a frantic Lauren look around before her eyes landed on me. "She's waking up!"