1

Carter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I worship the ground Zora walks on to be honest. In my eyes she is the epitome of perfection. But ever since that conversation about her having my kid, she's distanced herself. Like normally, in this class she would sit right next to me in the back. When she walked in she looked at me and sat in the front beside her "best friend" Dean.

I frown

Was wanting her to carry my child that bad? My thoughts were interrupted by my ex girlfriend Amber Beck.

"Mind if I sit here?"

"Nah." I sigh. She takes a seat, sliding a bit closer. Her perfume was strong as hell, causing me to sneeze, and I sneeze loud. Everyone laughed, looking at me. Including Zora who wasn't amused at all. Her eyes went to Amber, who was giggling herself. She gives me the death stare before asking to go to the restroom.

"May I got get some tissue for my nose?" I asked once she left.

"Hurry back."

I was able to run into her on her way back to class.

"Zora-"

"What do you want?" She snaps. I was taken aback.

"To have a conversation with my girlfriend. You know, one that's longer than one word."

"Well here's two, fuck off."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Were you not just buddy buddy with your ex a minute ago? Go back to whatever you had her giggling about." her eyes water.

"She sat beside me, in the seat my girlfriend would normally sit in. Now tell me what's wrong with you Zora?" I soften my voice as a tear rolled down her cheek. I can count on one hand the number of times I have made Zora cry, in the two years I've messed around with her. And whenever I did she could get anything she wanted out of me to make up for it. I frown. "Baby stop it. Please. Im sorry for the whole pregnancy thing okay? We can wait till after college if it makes you happy okay?" I sigh.

"I wish we would've." She reaches in her satchel and pulls out a little bag. "I'm going home." she hands it to me and walk away. I examine the little stick in the ziploc.

Holy shit.

Zora

I close my eyes clutching the heat pad tighter, trying to fall asleep.

"Zora?" I heard a knock on the door. "It's Andrea." Andrea is light skin and tall as crap compared to my 5'4 frame. But she's been my best friend since we were three.

"Come in." I sigh sitting up. We sat in silence for a while.

"What are you going to tell your parents Z?"

"I don't even have a clue. How can I tell them?"

"Are you keeping it?"

"Hell no." I shake my head frantically.

"What did Carter say about it? And how would that make him feel?"

"I just gave him the results and left. And it would kill him to hear that." I sigh.

More silence.

"I'm sorry dude." she shakes her head. "Whatever you decide to do I support it. I'm here for you." she nods.

"Thank you Drea-"

"Zora?" Another knock. I know it was Carter.

"I'll call you later." Drea gives me a sympathetic smile stands and opens the door. Once Carter and I were alone, he just comes over and hugs me. I just break down, gripping him tighter.

"I am so scared." I sob.

"I'm sorry baby. This is my fault." he just held me until I stopped crying.

"What are we gonna do?" I whisper.

"If you want to get rid of the baby then I guess that's what we will do." he looks at his hands.

"Carter I can't handle a child."

"What is it Zora?" He stands up. "Money? Huh?Because we both have plenty so that can't be it. For the past two years you told me you wanted a baby as soon as possible and now that it's happening you don't?"

"I wasn't being serious when I said that! I just liked the thought of you including me in your future the way you did. It all sounded good then, but now... It's just not the same."

"What's not the same?"

"All of this!" I yell.

"What are you saying?"

"Things have changed since then. You smother me now and you're always talking about a future with me-"

"What's wrong with that?"

"A baby would add to the stress you already put on me. I don't wanna be stuck with a kid."

"Why are you speaking like you're alone in this Zora? We're in this together. Is that not what we've always said?"

"Stop saying shit like that! We aren't promised Carter! We could be done with each other next week and then I'd be stuck like I said."

"Fuck it." he was about to leave but stopped. "What is wrong it's you? A couple weeks ago you were telling me what kind of tux you wanted me in at our wedding? I've been involved with you for two years. Two fucking years I've dealt with your selfishness. You not wanting anyone to know about us and shit-"

"I am not selfish! I have to carry around a child for nine months if I kept it. I'm pregnant Carter! Not you! Not us! Me! Why would I let a fucking baby interfere with my life? I'm sacrificing my body, my social life, my reputation-"

"Listen to yourself! Wanna talk sacrifices? I've made plenty for us! Ones you don't even know about! And now you're worried about what people think of you? You're so damn selfish it's sick!"

"If you want a baby that fucking bad, go screw someone else to get one! You know what? I am done with you! Just get out!" I scream. The room went still. His face dropped.

"You mean that Zora?" He says. I don't say anything. He nods and turns and walks away. When I heard the front door shut, my heart shattered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm dying to know whose side yall on with this 😂