▶ 2

~

"Then who's the first one your gonna choose?"

Mr. Junmyeon asked as I felt a lump in my throat. They all turned to me, making me squeeze the papers in my hands as I gulped.

I noticed that Mr. Minseok wasn't looking at me, he was staring at his phone like it's so important. I pressed my lips together.

"Uhm, I would like to choose Mr. Minseok." I answered in an antsy way as they all turned to Mr. Minseok. He turned to me and frowned a bit.

Does he hate me or something?

Mr. Junmyeon fixed his coat and turned to me. "Okay then. Hyung, she's yours for tomorrow." He said, patting his shoulder like he's telling him something.

I gritted my teeth. They all stood up. Gosh, they're tall. "Just send me the arrangements of who's gonna get you next." Mr. Jongin said, patting my cheek before they left the room, leaving me and Mr. Minseok.

I was about to stand up when Mr. Minseok walked towards me and grabbed my hand. "You should resign."

He said in a husky way as he tightens his grip on my arm. I flinched. "W-Why..? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, frowning at him.

"I can't stand it. I don't want to hurt people anymore."

He said, sighing as he finally dropped my arm, leaving me surprised. "W-What do you mean?" I asked, biting my lip as I clenched my fists.

"This acolyte thing, it's not part of the job." He paused, finally raising his head as I met his eyes. "They just want to break your hearts." He pursed his lips, leaving the room, leaving me speechless and dumbfounded.

~

"This acolyte thing, it's not part of the job."
"They just want to break your hearts."

Those words that Mr. Minseok said kept replaying inside my head. They want to break hearts. Why do they want to do that?

How could they be that mean? Seriously, do they have some issues or something? I hate them. Really. I despise them.

I crumpled the paper between my hands and dumped them inside the trash bin. I can't imagine a girl getting her heart broken by 12 boys- I mean, men.

Maybe that's why the acolytes before me quitted this job after they experienced those. Aish. How can I deal with this?

I was about to think of a plan when the phone suddenly rang again. "Aish.." I whispered, grabbing it and placing it near my ear.

"Ya, Ms. Min. Where's the copy of the arrangement? Bring it to my office, ASAP." He groaned as I heard him clicking his pen over and over again.

"Uh, uh. Sorry, Mr. Jongin. I still haven't started it-"

"Then start, already! Aish, hurry! I'm very busy and I need that copy, ASAP!" He growled, hanging up.

I sighed to myself, as I clicked on MS Word and started typing the list. I couldn't think of a good arrangement so I just randomly typed any boss that I could think of. (A/N: I'm not gonna show it, so it's gonna be a surprise~!)

I quickly printed the list and hurriedly made my way towards Mr. Jongin's office which was at the fourth floor. I ran as fast as I could so that I would arrive quickly.

I was panting when I finally arrived at his office. It sucks that the elevator is not working again. Aish, are they even fixing that?

I opened the door, panting. "Mr. Jongin..." I panted, wiping the sweat on my forehead. "... here is... the.. list." I panted, walking towards him as I handed the list.

He suddenly smirked. "Your panting sounds hot." He chuckled as I panted. I frowned at this comment. "Excuse me?" I raised a brow, frowning at him.

"I would love to here that in bed." He smirked. My jaw dropped open, surprised at what he said. "Pardon me?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I crossed my arms.

"Nothing, nothing." He said, grabbing the list in my hands. He examined it, nodding. As he examined the list, I examined him. He wasn't wearing his coat so he was just wearing the polo and the black tie.

To be honest, he looks irresistibly hot. I bit my lip. "Enjoying what you're seeing?" Mr. Jongin asked, making me jump.

"W-What? I wasn't..." I trailed, meeting his eyes. Aish, what was I doing? I'm embarrassing myself. "I caught you, checking me out." He stood up, walking towards me.

My heart started beating. What is he going to do? I just watched him make his way towards me. Then he grabbed me by my waist, surprising me. "Mr. J-Jongin." I stammered, biting my lips.

El, resist. Resist, okay?

He leaned to my ear and whispered. "I know you like me." I frowned and pushed him away. "I don't. I despise you." I hissed as he walked back to his seat.

"The more you hate, the more you love. You may leave my office... or do you want to do something, exciting?" He winked as I shivered in disgust.

"I'd rather die." I whispered as I hurriedly exited his room. Aish, they're all mean, arrogant and perverts. I seriously despise them.

As I made my way back to my place, I've suddenly thought of the most greatest idea ever.

"I'm gonna break their hearts before they break mine."

*
I don't know why I'm continuing this but good luck to me, oh god.