Chapter 5: Prince

Luke

"Do your parents know I'm even coming over?" I've been dragged by Calum from school and now we're on our way to his house. It's Friday, and since we have a few quizzes on Monday, Calum thought it'd be a good idea to study together.

I really didn't have an issue with staying at Calum's. I've been to his house several times before. I know his parents, his siblings, his room, I've basically memorized their entire house. I've also slept over before, it's not really a big deal. His mom and dad are more than welcoming, and the twins seem happy when I'm there so I guess it's not intruding. Calum's house was only a few blocks away from mine. It took 15 minutes to walk there. Our houses were really different, though. My house looked like any standard model house, plain and boring. The Hood family's residence was two stories high and had house plants adorning the outside.

"Yes, they know you're coming over. I texted mom and she said it's fine, as usual."

"Did you tell them that you're forcing me to sleep over?" I pointed out, feeling a smile tug on my lips. I've lost count how many times I've slept over at theirs, some of my clothes are permanently in his closet now. He steals those clothes sometimes, wearing them out of the blue.

It's incredibly cute.

Calum didn't let go of my wrist even when we stepped inside. Most of the chatter sounded like it came from the kitchen. "Mom! I'm home!" Calum called out. His mom, Joy, was chopping vegetables with her favorite blue apron on and his dad, David, was sitting at the dining table with his laptop in front of him.

"Luke! It's so good to see you!" Joy temporarily stopped and came up to give me a hug. I hugged her back just as tightly. "Nice to see you too, Joy." Once Joy had let go of me, I greeted Calum's dad. "Hi David." He gave me a smile and a curt nod. "Hey Luke, how are you?"

"I'm alright."

"You're sleeping over, right? The twins will be delighted." Joy grinned, skillfully using her knife to slide the chopped onions into a bowl. "Speaking of the twins, where are they?" Calum asked. "In their bedroom, playing. Mali should be coming home tomorrow."

"Okay mom, we'll be upstairs!" Calum grabbed my arm, dragging me again to the stairs when I faintly heard his dad say, "Use protection!"

It was a running joke whenever I stayed over. Still, I got flustered like crazy. Calum sighed in annoyance. "Every damn time."

We knocked on the twin's bedroom before swinging it open. Carly and Coda were sat on the carpet. They saw Calum first, and then got completely excited once their eyes landed on me. They came running, giving me a bear hug. I stumbled a bit but was able to keep my balance, the two kids wrapping their arms around my waist.

"Lukey! We missed you!" Carly squealed. It made me laugh seeing her that happy. "Aww, I missed you too!"

"Hey, don't call him Lukey." Calum was pouting slightly, his shoulder leaning against the doorframe.

"Why? You call him that all the time." Coda pointed out, both of them still hugging me.

"Yeah. I only call him that."

"Jeez, who knew you got jealous so easily."

"He's not jealous," I poked Carly on the nose. "He's just being a big baby." I could already feel Calum glaring even without me looking.

Coda shook his head. "Nuh-uh! We try calling you Lukey, but he always says to think of another nickname."

"I thought of Goldilocks." Carly looked proud of her idea. I raised my eyebrow. "Goldilocks. Because of my hair?"