Thirty Seven: Guilt

Start from the beginning

"Nope. You can just chill. Justin's nearly done with breakfast."

She nodded and walked to the kitchen to watch Justin work.

"You should come make me breakfast every morning." Skylar smiled at Justin.

He looked at her and smiled.

"You should sleep over every night then."

"We both know that's not gonna happen."

"Your loss." Justin shrugged and smiled.

He got some plates out and dished up for everyone.

Alfredo sat next to Skylar at the counter as they ate and Justin ate standing up, his eyes occasionally landing on Skylar who he thought was beautiful even with no makeup on.

"What?" Skylar caught him looking at her.

"I'm just taking in your beauty, that's all. Even with no makeup on." He smiled.

Skylar blushed.

"That's my cue to leave." Alfredo got up. "I'm going to Za's place to check if he's alive." He wiped his hands and walked to the door.

Justin smiled and placed Alfredo's plate in the kitchen sink.

"Whoa. Hello there." Alfredo said as he stood at the door. He backed up slowly and in walked Xavier... then Romeo.

Romeo's hair was up in a messy bun and both she and Xavier looked really, really guilty.

"Romeo!" Skylar basically jumped off her seat and raced to her friend to hug her. "Oh my gosh, are you okay? I was worried sick about you-- you didn't reply to my messages--"

"I was about to go looking for you." Alfredo said.

"Where did you two disappear to last night?" Skylar asked.

Romeo cleared her throat and looked at Xavier.

"To get some air." Xavier said.

"All night?" Justin asked from the kitchen.

"Don't judge us." Romeo crossed her arms.

"Romeo, what happened last night?" Skylar asked.

"Nothing. Get your stuff. We need to go." She said.

"We're not going anywhere yet. Did you have breakfast? Justin, is there anything left over?"

"Lots of food." He said.

"You need to eat." Skylar looked at Romeo.

"I've gotta run." Xavier said as he scratched the back of his neck. "Check you later?" He looked at Romeo.

"Yeah." She blushed.

Things were definitely awkward between them. Xavier was about to go in for a hug but Romeo only shook his hand then waved.

Xavier awkwardly waved goodbye to everyone then left.

The room went silent.

"U-Uhm, I'll go dish up for you." Skylar said.

"Thanks." Romeo smiled shyly.

"So..." Alfredo closed the front door.

"Don't start, please, Alfredo." Romeo blushed and followed Skylar to the kitchen.

Alfredo gave Justin a look of victory and Justin smiled.

×× Justin ××

The boys weren't stupid. They knew exactly what had happened between Xavier and Romeo and they were going to take advantage of the awkwardness until one of the two confessed.