The Bridge

Steve's P.O.V.

She may have saved my life, if she hadn't gotten my shield who knows what Bucky, or the Winter Soldier, would've done. After I was thrown against the wall, I saw Bucky run out after (y/n). When I came to my senses I ran out and saw him on top of her, about to go for the blow. But he suddenly stopped, he was breathing heavy as he held his first above her face. I quickly knocked him out before he could go back into his fit of rage. But before the shield made contact with his head I heard him say her name, he was coming back. He then collapsed on top of (y/n). Tony and I had pulled him off of her as she struggled from beneath.

I quickly lifted Bucky over my shoulder as Tony helped (y/n) up. Ever since we found her unconscious on the lab floor she looked different... She looked more exhausted, her eyes were surrounded by dark circles, she was paler, and just looked more sick in general. We had no idea what had happened, we were all concerned, but not as much as Bucky. I had never seen him this way before, we found him in the lab holding (y/n) as she lay on the ground. Bucky started yelling at us saying it was Natasha's fault for pushing her too hard in training. Tony tried to calm him down as I checked her pulse. It was slow, much too slow for her health, and her skin was like ice.

Bucky lifted up her up as he carried her down the hall to Tony's small emergency room which was only a floor above from the lab, which made sense knowing Tony. He held her tightly, not taking his eyes off her before setting her on a small table in the room. I noticed Bucky's body language tense as Tony bandage the back of (y/n)'s head, he was really worried. Tony mentioned a connection between the two of them the other day, and laughed at me for not noticing earlier. But seeing the panic in Bucky's face, a face usually so calm and collected, I knew that he wasn't telling us something. I couldn't help but smile, finally Bucky had someone to help make sense of his lost hope. Someone he could live for.

After Tony had finished patching her up, we took her up to her room to rest. As soon as Bucky placed her in her bed, pulling her sheets over her, I noticed his face start to relax. But for the next couple of hours he just sat next to her bed, it was now clear how much (y/n) meant to him. Later that day Bucky finally agreed to start his testing... that's when things began to go to hell.

"(Y/n)! Wait!" Tony and I yelled as she darted down the hall.

Tony ran after her as I set Bucky inside the lab, locking the door. Telling Jarvis to watch him before I ran down the hall after Tony and (y/n). As I caught up to Tony, I saw him slow down and catch his breath.

"She's heading outside, you go ahead and I'll catch up," he said, running in the opposite direction.

"Unauthorized personnel on perimeters," Jarvis informed me.

As I reached the base of the building and ran out the back doors I saw (y/n). Her limp body was being loaded in the back of a large black van.

"Hey!" I yelled as the men quickly got into the van, driving away.

I ran after the car, trying to avoid traffic, but they were picking up speed.

"Save the fun for me Cap," I heard Tony say as I looked up to find him in full suit flying above me.

"Could you give me a lift?" I asked before he grabbed me by the shoulders above traffic.

The van was still picking up speed but Tony was able to keep an eye on it from above. That is until the van went underneath a bridge. Tony flew higher, expecting the van to come out the other end, but it didn't. He began to fly us back towards to bridge when we noticed the van driving out at full speed.

"There! Drop me!" I ordered, pointing down at the roof of the van.

Timing it perfectly, Tony dropped me on top of the van. Gunshots fired through the roof, barely missing me as I made my way to the back. I opened the back doors, a man pointed his gun at me, grabbing his arm I threw him out the back of the van, pulling myself inside. I looked around to find nothing, (y/n) wasn't here.

"Hold on Cap," I heard Tony warn as the van began to swerve out of control.

I jumped out and rolled onto the road, barely missing a car as I got up. The van then slammed into the side of the road as Tony landed next to the driver's door, ripping it open.

"Damn, Hydra," Tony said as we looked at the driver, foam coming from his mouth.

They must have switched vehicles from under the bridge... We have to find her, and fast.