Chapter 4♚

Standing at the mist of the darkness, I roamed for directions. I thought that a single step would led me into a neverending falling hole.

     Out of nowhere, a bright light flashed behind me, almost few meters away. A yound lad stood on the spotlight. Immediately, I was able to recognized the face.

     Oh, how I missed this face.

      I ran over to him as quick as my feet could bring me. His arms open wide, waiting for me to hug him. As soon as I swarm into the arms of his, I could feel my tears rolling rapidly betraying my intention of not crying infront of him. He pressed his lips against my forehead.

      "H-Hiro!! Where'd you been?? Don't you missed me?" I whined at Hiroshi.

       My tears continued pouring like rainfall. He gently rubbed my head smiling handsomely.

       "Of course I missed you, my love. I'm not going anywhere, silly. I'm always here for you. Trust me, I've always love you. Don't you want me?" He questioned back.

        I nodded quickly and I was mid-responding when he leaned in to kiss me. Hunger for his love, I leaned in too, wanting to taste those lips once again. However failed when everything changed. He disappeared and I was hugging air. I smelt something of burnt and looked at my hands to see the cool air now turning into vicious flames.

      Shocked. I watched myself engulfed in flame. Not a part of my body was safe from it. The fire spreaded circling around me and not allowing me to escape. I was surrounded by a circle of flame. No matter how much I'd tried to cryout for help, my body refused to obey my law.

        My flesh was starting to be tearing apart from the fire. I could vividly see skeletal-like fingers of mine.

        After seems like forever screaming in agonizing pain in my head, the flame disappeared and I was able to move again. I was once again engulfed, but this time in darkness. Like a blind person without a walking stick, I tried to make my way to the voices of my love ones - my parents. They were calling me out.

    Just then, I heard chortle of laughters, probably laughing at me maniacally. It sent shivers down my spines. I was terrified. The laughter then stopped and the voice called me again.

      Doubtfully, I turned my head.

       It was obviously my parents. I tried to get a hold of them but it was just like an illusion. Suddenly, their eyeballs gorged out, dropping on floor in front of me. Their heads twisted in a way that it was too horrific for words.

       "M-mom?? Dad?.."

       A crooked smile followed on their face. I screamed ontop of my lungs.

      "Luka...won't you stay with us? We missed you..."

      "No! Stay away!!" I shrieked backing away from them.

       Why are my parents like this?? Why are they acting like dead people?!

       "Luka...."

       "Luka!!"

        My eyes flashed up. I was in my room again. Kenji was sitting by my bed. He looked tense. Without thinking, I swarm into his arms, hugging him tight crying my lung out.

       He seems shocked at the moment but then embraced me gently in his arms patting my head.

      "Kenji..I'm scared...please tell them to go away..I don't want to stay in there.. they want me..." I spoke in a rush tone while shivering.

     "You are safe here. Nobody's going to get you."

     His calm voice responded. I shut my eyes. For a moment, I felt my heart decelerating, his heartbeats were beating softly as if confronting me.

       I looked up at the stranger desperate. His eyes met mine.

      "I .. I want to meet him... I want him right now..."

       "Who?"

      "Hiroshi..I missed him a lot.."

      He remained silent for a second before letting out a soft sigh then smiled.

     "We will meet him later okay? For now just relax." He cuddled me gently.

       After a few minutes of silence, he let go of the hug and was ready to stand up when I grab his hand shaking my head like a terrified kid. He looked at his watch then looked back at me promising he will be back after he took a shower and I nodded.

      Now that I've noticed, he was still in his uniforms. It was dark out.

      I'm glad he returned home from work early...

      It was peculiar, thinking that I'd actually wanted him to be home early from work ..despite wishing him the opposite all this while.