Chapter 2

"Please get out of my car, I'm going to be late." My mom huffs without taking her eyes of her phone.

"I'm sick. If I was to go out there I might infect other children-

"Carter-

"Like, what if I'm highly contagious-

"We could go back and forth for as long as you like but you need to get out and go to school and I need to head into work. So please for the last time get out."

With a huff I grab my bag and open the door. "You know any loving, compassionate mother would keep me home." I say as I climb out the car.

"Well I guess I'm not one of those moms then am I? I love you and remember please learn something." My mother replies before slipping her sunglasses onto the bridge of her nose.

Slamming the door of the Jeep I watch as she drives off out the school just before the bell rings, signalling homeroom is about to start in five minutes.

This year I am a senior in high school and I am determined to make it the most memorable year yet. Once reaching my homeroom class I greet my teacher with a small "morning" before making my way to my best friend Sam.

Samantha O'Connor, or Sam, has been my best friend since seventh grade when she transferred to the school. We are complete polar opposites, Sam is a complete brainiac, she's quiet and she has some killer looks. With her long blonde hair, bright blue eyes and her petite figure she is the complete vision of an angel.

Our third friend to complete our little trio of best friends is Kylie Watson. Sam and I met Kylie two years ago when she first transferred here and the three of us clicked immediately. Kylie has short light brown hair, dark almond shaped eyes, a banging figure and she has to be one of the most confident people I know. The three of use together can run havoc but we compliment each other perfectly.

"Where's Ky?" I ask Sam as I drop my bag on the desk next to her. Her left side is free where Kylie usually sits.

"I think I saw her by her locker making out with Brody. I didn't want to interrupt her." Replies Sam without taking her eyes of her phone.

Brody is Kylie's boyfriends of 6 months and they are all kinds of cute. Brody is good for Kylie, he balances her crazy confidence with his more calm attitude. Lately though, they seem to still be in the honeymoon stage, where they can't seem to keep there hands off each other and they both always show up to class looking devilish.

"Good call. We'll just see then both a lunch anyway."

The morning goes rather quickly after that. Sam and I both had math first period where I got told off multiple times for being and I quote "Too distracted." Second and third period I had with Brody and by the sex hair and flustered look and one smirk in his direction to make his cheek have a red tint, you could tell he was up to no good with a certain browned eyed beauty.

By the time lunch rolled around I was dying for the cafeterias Monday special of dumplings. Grabbing my food, I made my way to the outside courtyard seating area where I was greeted by Sam, Kylie, Brody and his two friends; Rhys and Zander. The six of us have formed quite the friendship over the past year and I am forever great full for them all.

"Hey baby! What took you so...are those dumplings? Can I have one?" Asks Rhys as I approach the table. Leaning down I place a small kiss to his cheek before mumbling a "hell no."

"Hey hot mama! Did you hear about the new guy?" I turn to Ky who is leaning over Brody to talk to me.

"Yeah I think I heard something. Haven't seen him though. Why is he cute?" I ask while shoving a dumpling in my mouth.

"Not sure. But Zander just messaged saying that he had a few classes with him and seemed kinda cool, so he invited him to come eat with us."

"Huh, well I just hope he is drool worthy, I need someone new to have sweet, sweet dreams about."

"Hey! What about me baby? I'm all kinds of perfect." Rhys asks applaud.

"Aww baby you know I always dream about you. The only thing stopping me is the fact that we like the same kind of people...talk dark and handsome" I reply with a wink.

"Huh. True baby true."

It wasn't until we were deep in conversation about Bianca Jones' latest in school scandal, did Zander call out to us announcing his arrival.

"Hello beautiful people! The party has arrived!"

Turing around I was greeted with Zander approaching us, arms out wide like we was ready for one of us or a certain blonde beauty to jump into his arms. Wishful thinking though, Samantha O'Connor is too naive for her own good to see what is right in front of her.

Whist Zander goes to greet everyone I can't help but stare at the bronzed Adonis trailing after him. When I wished for someone cute, I didn't realise my prayers would be answered so quickly. Thank you Jesus.

Standing easily over 6'2 was the most beautiful bronzed specie man I had ever laid my eyes on. Dressed in a tight white t-shirt that moulded to his body perfectly and showed of every muscle available, tight black jeans that covered his legs, with a pair of black and white converse were on his feet, walked a creation by God himself. The mass of dark blonde hair sat ruffled on top of his head, his electric greens eyes stared right at me and his full lips were pulled up into a smirk.

I'd been caught staring by one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen and I didn't even care. Not one bit.