Chapter 3: "Joining the Species?"

(Male!Reader P.O.V)

I love Zero....his everything. Since the night we had together a few weeks ago we are practically inseparable. He breaks the rules and comes to visit me during his night shift and during the day I take notes for him so he can sleep in. It's been a really great experience being with Zero.

Today I started my day with getting up and dealing with my crap hair. I looked into the mirror and realized that there was going to be no amount of work to fix it. I sighed really loud. I just shrugged my shoulders and got on my way to class.

The class was long and everyone was happy to see me. Somehow the time of the day flew by and it was getting to be that time in which I should be in my dorm. I waved to some of my friends heading to their dorms as well, we ended up stopping and chatting for a bit. We separated after the two freaked at the time.

I began to walk and zone out into my own world. I thought about Zero, and how gloriously toned his body is, and how beautiful his facial features complimented his lavender eyes. I shook my head to get me back into reality but in the process I got dizzy and tripped over nothing. I sat on the ground for a second and then went to stand, my knee felt like it was burnt or something. I rolled up my pant leg and noticed that I had scrapped my knee and it was bleeding a bit.

"Darn" I said pulling a napkin from my pocket and starting to dab it

"Are you alright?" I heard the precious tone of one of the night students voices. I looked up and was met with the blue-grey eyes of Shiki Senri.

"Oh...ya" I said putting my blood stained cloth down and inspecting my knee "I think I'm fine" I then stood up leaving the cloth on the ground.

"Don't forget...this" He bent down and picked up the cloth, for some reason I felt a maniacal aura creep up

"Right" I reluctantly reached for it and met his hand. He then quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me extremely close to him. He took a big whiff of me and exhaled, his breath tickling my face.

"You smell like you've been claimed" His eyes seemed to be glowing as he stared me down, his breath smelled toxic-- intoxicatingly sexy

"C-C-Claimed?" I stuttered feeling creeped out beyond belief.

"Well" his voice slurred as he pulled me so close I felt his body close to mine, his hand caressed my face "It's not like two vampires can't claim one human" he said as he inched his face closer to my neck. I could feel his nose brush up against the crease in my neck, right where Zero had bit me.

"(Name)!" I heard Zero's voice call out for me from behind "I smelled your blood, are you--" he noticed the situation I was in, thankfully Shiki had stopped before biting me "Get your fucking hands off of him" Zero pulled out a weapon that looked like a gun of some sort.

"Come on now Zero~" Shiki said letting me go, when he did my knees gave out from the atmosphere that he was releasing around him "We can share him"

"I'm not sharing anyone with you, piece of shit" Zero had the gun pointed straight at Shiki's head "Especially not him" Zero walked toward Shiki and I "Now, get back to class Shiki" Shiki looked like he thought about it for a second and then he left without saying anything. Once Shiki was out of sight Zero ran to my side with a worried look.

"I'm fine, Zero" I said getting up "He was just creeping me out, so as a reflex my knees gave out" I tried to reassure him

"The smell of your blood was strong, all the others probably smelt it as well. Get to the dorm as fast as you can" He smiled a little "oh and (Name), put some peroxide on it, it will help it to heal faster." He said in a caring voice as he ran to finish his rounds.

I smiled, he seemed calm for me almost getting bitten by another vampire.

I did as my beloved told me, I sprinted as fast as I could to my dorm. When I reached my room, my roommate asked where I was, and such but I reassured him I was fine. Throughout the course of the night I was terrified that another incident, like before with Shiki, would happen. I stared and stared at the window, awaiting another vampire to try to consume me.

Needless to say, I didn't fall asleep.

~Time skip~

I wasn't woken up by my roommate, no I was already awake. I sat on my bed encased in my covers shivering out of fear. I had been playing scenarios in my head of what could've happened to me last night...none of them good. My roommate, woke up and saw me in the state I was in. With out words or actions he comforted me. He just looked at me and I felt safe, I don't know what it was. But I stopped shaking and I was suddenly cursed with sleep deprivation and fainted.

(Roommate's P.O.V)

(Name) just fainted in front of me, I think he's just freaked out because his boyfriend is wondering the nights with a woman. Any sane man would worry that a woman would steal your man. I left (Name) be and headed to class. I told the teacher that (Name) wasn't feeling alright and that he wasn't going to be in class today. Zero overheard me and decided to rush to check on (Name). Zero might be good looking, but he has a terrible temper and when he wants to protect something...he protects it with his life.

(Zero's P.O.V)

I heard (Name)'s roommate say that (Name) wasn't feeling alright. Does that mean that that fucking pure blood, Shiki, bit him? Is my boyfriend going to turn into a vampire? If so, is he going to have to transfer to the night classes and be stuck with those pricks that I hate so much?

(Name), please be alright. Please don't turn into the thing I hate the most. Please don't become one of them.....please still be human...