Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nicole

            I curled my hand against the lacy material of the dress as tears streaked down my cheeks.

            “Nicole, enough with the tears. I do not understand why you are so upset,” Liam soothed, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

            “I’m not yours. I want my mate,” I sobbed.

            “You are mine. You will be fine, Nicole.” I could tell his voice had hardened and he was growing unhappy.

            “I am not yours!” I shouted, pushing him away.

            I heard a low growl and saw Liam’s canines lengthen and his claws descend. I sucking a breath and slid back. He straightened out of his crouch and towered over me, glaring. His hand came across my cheek, slamming my head to the side. I felt a warm liquid sliding down my cheek and I tasted blood on my tongue. My cheek stung and I was afraid to look at him again. I doubled over and spit out the blood as it dropped on the chilled cement.

            “You see what you made me do?!” he shouted. I heard something move and then he was back beside me, kneeling down and wiping a damp towel over my cheek. It made me hiss and shrink back. “I’m sorry, Luna, I’m very sorry.”

            I spat the rest of the blood out of my mouth and released a string of coughs. “I’m coming for you, Nicole,” Chase’s voice whispered in my mind. I wanted to let out a squeal of joy, but I didn’t. I couldn’t clue Liam in…if I did…there’s no way I’d get out of here.

            “We must go now,” Liam said, after my cheek began to heal slowly. I could feel the skin regrowth, it was sickening…almost like rubber crawling over a cut and sticking itself to your body.

            “Where are we going?” I asked hoarsely.

            “We are going a few miles north of here…to our ceremony,” Liam smiled. “Get dressed, Nicole. I will not wait much longer. You have five minutes.”

            I rushed to the dress and stepped out of the blood stained, dirt coated, torn, and tattered clothes that I’d been wearing since the kidnapping. I rushed to the bucket brought in to clean the dirt and blood off my skin. I pulled out the soapy sponge and began scrubbing my skin, from my head to my toes until my skin was clean. I dried off with the soft towel before stepping into the black dress and black flats. Liam was entering the door just as I put down my right foot.

            He smiled softly at me. “Good job, Nicole.” He walked over and kissed my lips lightly. “You look beautiful.

            “Thank you,” I ground out.

            He put his arms around my shoulders and led me outside and into a large black SUV. The man up front began driving.

            “Everyone else is already there,” Liam whispered in my ear. “I have a cabin up there; it is set up for after the ceremony. We will have much fun with that.”

            I shivered in discomfort. He thought it was from pleasure I assume because he began drawing small circles on my hip with his fingers. His lips met my neck, I bit back vomit.

            “Chase!” I cried out through the mind link. “He’s taking us to the ceremony grounds. He…he’s kissing my neck.”

            A loud snarl sounded in my head. “I’ll be there soon. Do you know where he’s driving?”

            “A few miles north of the campus,” I replied, a whimper entering the thoughts. “He said there’s a cabin and…oh Chase!”

            Nicole! Listen to me. I am coming. He will never touch you again. I promise you I will tear him apart when I get there. I just need you to calm down. He will not mate with you. I love you, Nicole. I truly love you. I will see you soon,” Chase sounded as though he was fighting control. It made my heart hurt. He was trying to be strong for me. He was trying to hold it together for me, to keep me from crying and freaking out.

            “Just hurry Chase. I don’ know how long I can endure this,” I whispered, my eyes shutting tightly as Liam’s hand started working its way up my thigh. He growled in my ear as he sucked at my neck. My eyes shot open as his hand slipped under the thin material of my dress. No. This was not happening. He couldn’t. He rubbed small circles on my inner thigh as his hand paused. His nose slipped the spaghetti strap of the dress off my shoulder, kissing my skin softly. His lips moved back up, then down to my neckline, kissing and sucking. I bit my lip, biting back something between vulgar language and vomit as I did. He just took that as biting back a moan…which was dangerous for me. His hand moved up a bit, I could feel his finger at my pantie line. I pushed him back then. He looked at me, anger and passion burning in his eyes.

            “Why did you push me back?” he growled.

            “You can’t do this now, especially not here,” I said. That was half the truth. He couldn’t do this here or at all. Saying now indicated a possible future…which was not the case.

            His tense muscles softened and he nodded. “You’re right. We’ll have plenty of time for this tonight…the cabin will be more comfortable and private.”

            I nodded. “Exactly my point.”

            He smiled. “You are a very smart girl. I just wish we didn’t have to wait. You’re so soft and alluring.” He stroked the skin on my arm gently.

            I returned his smile. “Thank you…I…I wish the same,” I lied.

            He kissed my cheek, the uninjured one. “We will finish this soon enough. I just hope that young boy doesn’t interrupt us. It would really ruin our moment.”

            “Yes…it would,” I nodded.

            “Luna…you do know I can hear you, right?” Chase’s voice rang in my mind.

            “Then you know that I’m lying my ass off to him,” I snapped in return.

            Chase was silent after that. A loud screech caused me to turn my head forward, looking out the windshield. A large truck was swerving across the road, headed in our direction. I had time to gasp when the truck rammed into us and knocked us back. I hit my head on the seat’s head rest, pain shooting through my neck. I let out a hiss before everything went black. 

----------------------------------------------

The next part will be up soon I promise. Thanks for reading :)