chapter one || milk beverage

chapter one: MILK BEVERAGE

"Nee ~ Miru-chan, how are your grades always so high?"

Asano Miruka glanced up at her fellow classmate, tucking astray peach coloured strands of hair behind her ear.

"Heh, Akira-san, I honestly don't know," she laughed. " I guess I just understand and memorise things quickly!"

"What?!" another classmate exclaimed, Shizuru. "Miru, that's a horrible explanation. You barely even open a book, so how is that possible? You look so carefree all the time."

The girl grimaced internally.

Just 'cause I don't read at school doesn't mean I don't do it completely.

"I study at home!" Miruka said instead, trying to keep light-hearted instead of lashing out. "I'm not dumb you know, Shizuru..." 

Laughter came from the crowd surrounding her."Hey, Milk-chan~!" greeted Tetsuro Kuroo, entering the classroom with a grin. "I see you're drinking milk again." He pointed at the glass bottle of milk from the vending machine as she scowled at the nickname. 

Ever since he started coming to the class, the third year had always pointed out the fact her name and the beverage sounded alike. Plus, the fact that it was always her choice when she bought drinks didn't help. 

A chorus of laughs resounded the classroom as he made his way to the very side, where the boy with the half dyed blonde hair that played video games sat; Kozume-san. 

He came here everyday to talk to him or eat lunch at least once, which was very kind because no one ever talked to him. 

Not even the infamous socialite that was Miruka herself. 

It was as if there was a barrier between them, and they both knew it. They had nothing in common, nothing to talk about, to agree about or even disagree about. 

Yet deep down, they were just too awkward to find out. They found each other's backs hard to reach, even a syllable was a miracle. 

She couldn't muster up the courage to face him, and he was too shy to speak. 

 The silence was inevitable. 

"Eh ~ Kazuhiko," called out one of the male classmates. "The annual cosplay convention is on Saturday. You going to scope some hot babes with me?" 

Each girl in the vicinity rolled their eyes, as well as Miruka, holding herself back from a rant. The boys, excluding Tetsuro and Kozume who were probably talking about sports or video games, retorted back playfully and the atmosphere was light again.

"Yeah, I heard that there's gonna be a ton of foreign chicks attending!" another replied, fist-pumping the air.   

"But, Ryuu, you can barely speak a word of English!"

Once again laughing ensues, and everyone calling them otakus and nerds could be heard loudly in Class 3. 

Except for two. 

Two very different people. 

Two of the biggest nerds in their year alone. 

Asano Miruka and Kozume Kenma. 

• • •

um hi, my name is michaela and this is my first story on wattpad... please go easy on me and uh vote and comment? it would mean the world to me, honestly! thank you so so much, you're wonderful! >.<

a few facts about me and the story:

one. i love to write and update really fast at particular times.

two. this is based off the anime! 

three. chapter lengths are inconsistent, but the next chapter is pretty long! updates come regularly on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

~ transparent credited to tay-angel ~

- michaela