Episode 12 - The Untold Story - I - A New Life

25 years ago………………

Ragdhorn Vlezune was reading a book while the stormy night spread its menace outside. The wind, lightning and rain had joined together to create a whole mess with the surrounding like some outraged bulls. He had no attention towards any of it. “Summons”, the book he was reading managed to glue his mind towards it. Ragdhorn’s eyes were wide and pointed at it like a hypnotized person.  

His concentration was disturbed by the rapid knocking at the door. His Whole attention which was towards the book had diverted to the door where the knocking was coming.

Darnn it another patient. Ragdhorn thought. He threw the book at the table in front of him and went to the door.

There was nothing but darkness outside with the combination of the storm, rain and the wind. A shadow was standing outside. He saw it was a female. But he couldn’t recognize her in the dark.

“Why are you staying in the rain?” Ragdhorn shouted. He asked her to come in.

The silhouette walked towards him, slowly Ragdhorn saw the person the silhouette belonged to.

It was Kasamara, his sister.

“Stop right there.” He shouted in rage. “How dare you come back to me?”  Kasamara said nothing. She was looking at the floor. She was totally soaked because of the rain.

“After all of this, after running away from me, you had the nerve to come back to my doorstep.” The rage had intensified as the words came out. But Kasamara didn’t say anything.

Ragdhorn shouted for another few moments. He deserved to do so. After Kasamara ran away with him leaving a huge disgraceful spit on the face, he was humiliated by every person he could think of. The words that came out their mouth were like a million knives stabbing in his chest.  He was blamed that if he could not protect his own sister how can he save another life? With all this disgraceful events finally he decided to cut her off from his life forever. After that incident he lost most of his reputation like ice melting by the sun. Life had become miserable for him and it made him leave the city of Vestrul. He left the city after a week has passed of his sister’s runaway without telling anyone. The person Kasamara loved was not a match for their family. He was a poor sorcerer who lived in a small cottage far away from the city. Ragdhorn was rich and he was a member of one of the respected families in Thamora. The disgrace was unbearable. He shifted to phoenix province, seven hundred miles away from Vestrul city. He was famous enough for a person to recognize within a simple glance. He wanted to run away from his disgrace. Ragdhorn decided to change what had belonged to him, including his identity.

His only possessions were his books. This included all the details about the spells, potions, researches and many more. He used them for his change. He was fifty five years old. His face was a mask of intelligence. Everybody could identify him even at a certain distance. That was the first thing he realized that he must change.

Before reaching the city he camped himself in a nearby forest. He turned all the pages of his books to seek the perfect spells for his plans. Finally he managed to get what he wanted by combining a few potions together.

Ragdhorn took a sip from the potion. He felt nothing.

He threw away the glass and turned the pages of the books rapidly once again. All of a sudden he felt his whole body is twitching and his nerves beating against his skin. An excruciating pain took over his body he fell on the ground while screaming as loud as possible, but it didn’t help at all. Did something go wrong? He thought, Ragdhorn never tested this before in his life. He felt the pain in every part of his body. Through his eyes he saw the light fading away.