Bad Cooking With My Bestfriend On A Date. Hayes Grier

Okay so this is one of my first official requests. This one is for renee_perez with Hayes. She is super nice you guys should go check her out. Thank you for requesting.😊

* * * *

It's 3:00 on a Thursday in Austin, Texas.
Renee's POV

School just ended like half an hour ago and I'm sitting on my favorite bench at the park. I grab my books and my phone to listen to music then start studying for my quiz in math tomorrow. I always come to the park to study or if I need some time to think. I am like 20 minutes in to my studying when I feel like someone is staring at me so I take out an earbud and look up. Then there, standing a couple feet away from me is my childhood friend Hayes Grier. I immediately look back down at my book hoping he didn't see me staring, he is famous and everything so I don't know what he is doing here. I haven't seen Hayes in like a really long time, my thoughts get cut off by someone calling my name.

"Huh? What?" I say confused. Then there, standing right in front of me, is the handsome Hayes Grier.

"Renee? Nae Nae is that you? Oh my gosh I haven't seen you in a really long time? How has your beautiful self been?" (Note to self: Hayes Grier just called me beautiful)

"Hey Hayes, yeah it's been like what 4 years since I saw you last? I've been good."

"Actually it's been 5 years since I've seen your pretty hazel eyes. I've really missed you, we totally need to catch up and everything."

"Yeah totally, here....(you write your number on his hand), so we can talk."

He then takes out his phone and a few moments later your phone dings. You check and see it's from Hays saying, "Hey Gorgeous😊😉." You just sit there and blush which makes him smile. You guys stare at each other smiling and talk for a bit when you look at your phone. You then notice the time, it's 4:30 and you have to leave.

"Hey, um so it's been really nice seeing you again but I have to start heading home."

"Oh yeah okay, well I'll see you tomorrow then at school."

"Wait you are going to my school? Wow okay that's cool, yeah I'll see you tomorrow." I then walking away when I hear Hayes scream, "BYE!!!!!!" I turn around and see him waving like a crazy person. I just smile and walk back home. You then think about your past with Hayes.

Flashback
Me and Hayes grew up together, we met in kindergarten (age 5) and instantly became best friends. We were friends for the longest time, we did everything together. After a while I have gotten feelings for him, then he had to move to North Carolina because of his mom's job when we were 10. I still have feelings for him now that I'm 15 so yeah we have a history. I remember missing him everyday. After about a year, I decided I should probably make more friends to take his place even though that isn't possible. That is how I have found my best friend, Desiree, she has helped me through everything. I am not all that popular, I guess you would call me a geek and, of course, I get bullied by the popular kids. Everyday there is something that brings me down, mainly it's the cheerleaders with there sticky notes and walking past and doing something mean (push/shove me, knock down my books, say mean things to me in my ear, public humiliation, etc.) But I get through the day with the help of Desiree.

*The next day*

• • • •

Hayes' POV

So it's my first day going back to school in Texas. I'm not nervous about school or trying out for the football team but, seeing Renee again. I have had a crush on her for a super long time, today I'm going to build up the courage to ask her out.