Chapter 21

Well, I know this story is losing its touch :\ Hope this chap will restore it. And I've uploaded it later than usual because it seems like I'm forcing myself to finish this story. You might be thinking 'there's no mystery anymore and she keeps it under the mystery category' but yes, there is.........

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So...you packed everything, huh?", I said, staring at the heaps of bags he had kept in the trunk of his car.

I just got a 'hmm' and a nod from Zack. Currently, he was keeping, or rather throwing, my bags and suitcase in the backseat of his car while I just stared at it. That guy's got much more strength than I thought.

After finishing, he just walked to the driver's door and got in the car, waiting for me. Atleast now I could say chivalry is dead. Yay.

I shouted a last goodbye from the front door of my house to my family. One glance showed me that both my mom and dad had gloomy faces with sad smiles while Am was waving excitedly.

Am did see all that happened in the morning but she was too smart to disturb the peace by mentioning it again. So, she had just kept that smile on her face, hoping to ease off the tension. I swear her brain is more smarter and rational than mine.........okay, I just insulted myself, didn't I?

Anyways,it's not like I'd miss them since they were also going to be in Italy the next day.

The whole ride to school was silent. I mean, except the music from the radio blaring loudly. Zack refused to change it. I was starting to question his personality change. Seriously, he was all kind and helpful and too sweet to be true when now, he's suddenly changed into someone I don't know. Bossy, possessive, intimidating. Being helpful and kind were last on his list.

I mentally shook my head. Oh c'mon Los, it's just you thinking that. And besides, it's not him you like so why stress?

That was probably the first time I agreed with my mind. And by that I remember, I still have to tell Zack that I'm not interested in him anymore.I gathered determination to end this painful task once and for all. But kwhen I opened my mouth, no words came out.

Nic was still angry, as he didn't answer my calls. And besides, I have not heard the words 'I love you', heck even 'I like you', from his mouth. What if he doesn't like me?

Call me selfish or coward, but I didn't want to be left with no one beside me. When I do break up with Zack, what if Nic isn't there to stay with me. I had read novels and movies where it's painful when you lose someone you loved dearly. I was afraid to feel that pain.

No. No no no. I'd have to give it a try. It's not like it'll finish my life or anything, right? Yeah, I've to be brave.......

I'm going to tell him after I reach Italy.

So much for being brave, my brain replied, sarcastically.

As soon as I slammed the car door behind me, I was greeted by a slap on the head.

"Took you forever, snail. I waited here for sooo long! How can you be so cruel?", Scarlett whined.

As soon as she finished, I got another hit on the head, at the same spot. Annoyed, I turned to find that it was Jake this time. I'm pretty sure there was a big scowl on my face. In return, he just smiled cheekily and slung his arm on my shoulder.

"Oh Cary, don't whine, you don't look cute. And anyways, it's just been ten minutes and you were pretty busy goggling at those boys.", he said to her.