Chapter 32: My Heart, I Surrender

Start from the beginning

I looked at the pictures on my desk and smiled at the memories.

One of Vic and I a couple months ago at a water park. I was totally soaked and Vic didn't want to go on any water rides, but I snuck up behind him and hugged him tightly soaking his shirt. He took the selfie with me kissing his cheek smiling.

The next picture was of Tony, Jenna and I at a restaurant. It was strangely western and had those things where you stick your head in the hole and it shows you as that character.

The more I looked at it, the more ridiculous I felt about that day. I looked at the time and sighed, I had to go in the band room now.

As I walked in and stepped on the podium the playing and tuning stopped. Even as I was tuning them there were only two thoughts on my mind. Was the baby alright? And I miss Jenna.

Vic

I sighed as I had my guitar on my lap and the notebook on the table in front of me. I always hated these meetings, I already knew what they were discussing, bus arrangements, dates, venues, set lists. It goes on I've done this hundreds maybe thousands of times. I knew what was going down.

"The dates should occur in between December and April." Our tour manager said as I stared at the blank page in front of me. It then occurred to me that December through April was when McKenna would be growing the most pregnant. I wouldn't see her, unless I could somehow pull some strings.

I looked at Mike to see him tapping a beat on his legs boredly. I nodded my head slowly to it, but it probably just looked like I was paying attention and agreeing.

"Alright, it's settled then. Any problems with that boys." I raised my hand and leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms as I put my hand down.

"What's the conflict Vic?" Danny, our tour manager asked. I looked over at Jaime to see him nod at me.
"Actually there's a huge conflict. My girlfriend's pregnant and those are the most crucial months of her pregnancy." I said leaning over the table and resting my elbows comfortably.

"Maybe we can pull some strings and bring her along." Danny suggested.

"She's a music teacher, she can't miss four months of school." I said. "Our only solution, and as a band we decided that we wanted to take a break and write new music." I said as Mike, Tony and Jaime made noises of agreement.

"Vic! You don't understand man, this tour will be huge. You'll be getting paid double than usual!" Danny argued.

"We all still have tons of money saved up from the Collide With The Sky sales, we can still do local shows, acoustic shows and still have money coming in." I argued back as Danny laughed and leaned back in his chair.

"Vic I don't think you're making a good decision here." Danny said scratching at his head.

"I think we've made a great decision my family comes before touring now." I said and stood up, I pushed the chair in and grabbed my notebook, guitar and searched my pocket for my car keys before I started to walk away.

"C'mon Vic! Can you at least think about this?" Danny asked as I started walking towards the door. What part of no didn't he understand? I turned around and smiled at him.

"There's nothing to think about Danny, I'm going to be there for my girlfriend and my baby." I said and turned around and walked out the door and towards my car. I was glad I put my foot down. I was feeling totally accomplished right now.

_-_

I sighed as I opened the door to my apartment and stepped in.

"Kenna I'm home!" I yelled throughout the apartment. I walked into the living room to see the t.v. on, but no McKenna so I turned it off with a sigh and walked into our bedroom to get into something more comfortable. I sat down on the bed and smiled at the softness.

I heard the shower running down the hall and smirked as I walked to the bathroom and opened it. It was steamy from the hot water and I didn't hear anything as I walked towards the curtain and peeked inside.

I saw her sitting on the floor, with her legs pulled up to her chest and staring out into the wall of the shower as I sat down next to the tub and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Kenna? Babe?" I whispered. She jerked noticing that I was next to her and immediately started crying. She uncurled herself and lunged at me, hugging me tightly.

"I can't believe it." She whispered crying even harder into my shoulder. I grew worried and wrapped my arms around her bare waist as she cried clutching onto my shirt. It was getting soaked, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to make sure she was ok. She hasn't cried like this since a couple months ago with the loss of Jenna.

"Kenna what's wrong? What happened?" I said softly into her wet hair.

She pulled back from me a little bit and looked into my eyes and touched my cheek.

"I went to the doctors today." She said softly.

"Did something happen at the doctors? I don't understand, why are you crying?" I asked touching her cheek and wiped it with my thumb. I couldn't tell which was tears or which was water dripping down her face as I did.

"There's two." She whispered looking into my eyes and smiling.

"What do you mean? There's two?" I asked. I grabbed a towel and wrapped her in it, turning off the water and walking with her towards our bedroom.

"I have to take off work now because it's too risky he said. Un fucking believable." She said annoyed and dropped her towel as she searched through the dresser. I looked away before a problem would occur and sighed.

"I still don't understand what you're saying." I said exasperatedly. I felt a weight land on me and ran out of breath quickly before looking up at McKenna straddling me and smiling.

"Well..." she started and smiled at me. "Its good news at least." She said shrugging and laying her head down on my chest.

"What's the good news then?" I asked impatiently.

"Well, the doctor found two heartbeats on the ultrasound." She whispered smiling like an idiot. She squeaked excitedly.

"What's that mean?" I asked still not catching on to what she was trying to hint at.

"Oh my God Vic you're stupid." She said getting off of me and sitting on the stool that she put in front of the mirror and started brushing her long hair.

"I know I am, but you love it." I said sitting on the edge of the bed and played with her hair, trying to braid it, but failed terribly.

"We're gonna have twins Vic." She whispered looking in the mirror and smiling at me. I dropped her hair from the terrible braid and felt myself pale from the news as I looked at her.

"Really? Twins?" I asked. She smiled and laughed putting her hair into her own braid before laying down next to me and cuddling with me.

"Isn't this great?" She said as she sighed content. I nodded and rubbed my fingers up and down her back softly.

"Yeah, it's awesome." I said softly, but I panicked even more as I thought about because the only thing that ran in my mind was twins. She's having twins.

An: DOUBLE UPDATE WOO! I had another chapter done so I thought I'd just publish it for the hell of it.

Oohhhh twins! I'm not exactly sure when this story will be coming to an end. Maybe somewhere in the forties and an epilogue? Idk, I'm still planning it.

500 reads! It might not seem like a lot but it means so much to me thank you! Honestly, I'm surprised anyone is reading this story.

-Jenn Ω