Chapter 4

Harry said he’d meet me by the school gates so we could begin my lessons. So the second Mr Robertshaw ( our one lipped, crooked teethed music teacher) had finished droning on about stuff no one cared about I got up and ran out the door. I only made it halfway out of the building when I bumped into Haley, Paige, Adam and Carlos.

“Hey Dani, you ready to go?” Paige said tying her reddish brown hair back into a pony tail.

“Go? Go where exactly” I said looking worried. I hadn’t double booked had I?

“To watch Carlos fail at asking Nicole out” Adam said chuckling. Carlos shot him a dirty look. I liked Adam I always had but he was with someone else so I just had to get over that. He is Hawaiian and probably the second fittest in our school. However his life has been pretty shitty.

You see Adam was adopted when he was three months old. He was given to a family in Liverpool who beat him and kept him in isolation. It took two years for social services to find out and when they did they moved him to another family instantly. This family lived in Chessington and despite the fact they knew what he had been through they neglected him as he wasn’t what they expected. At the age of five he ran away from home due to the stress of being neglected for so long. It took two weeks for social services to find him. He was then brought to a third family. The Dorsets. They knew about his past and made sure that his present and future with them would be good. He is still living with them now and like the Dorsets wanted Adam’s life really turned around. He is an A* student in practically every subject and is incredibly popular. Anyway enough about Adam.

“Guys I’d love to but I’ve got tutoring today. Maybe another time okay?”

“There’s not going to be another time cause I’m not gonna fail at asking Nicole out and she will be my prom date.” Carlos snapped.

“That I highly doubt.” Adam said throwing his eyes to heaven. Carlos shot him another dirty look before storming out of the room. Haley and Paige followed him out.

“Tutoring hey? Since when have you ever needed or had a tutor?” Adam saying eyeing me suspiciously.

“Well you know. With exams coming up I want to be as well prepared as I can. So if tutoring helps then I’m in.” I said adding a fake smile to my lie. Adam shrugged and went out to find Carlos and the others, leaving me to go an find my ‘tutor’. I ran to the gates, looking down at my watch as I ran I caught a glimpse of the time. Shit! I was already ten minutes late. What if he’s gone? What if he thinks I stood him up? What if- oh he’s right there. Yay!

I stopped running and walked casually over. His eyes were glistening in the sun light. He gave me that drop dead gorgeous smile of his.

“you ready to go?”

“Yep. I said returning a probably not so gorgeous smile.

We walked out of the school gates and turned left, towards a red mini cooper with a convertible roof. Harry ‘beeped’ it open and walked around to the driver seat. I walked to the opposite side of the car to him, opened my door and clambered in. The car was spotless and had one of those little hanging tree fresheners.

“You like it?” Harry said as he turned on the engine and backed out of the parking space. I nodded as he reached for the radio.