I don't know how it works, it just does. I never really cared to know because I never planned on mating with any possessive male wolves. I don't do the whole domination thing, and that is how they are. No thanks.

Te pack consisted of about 200 wolves that lived in the town. I don't know how many were out of the town because it wasn't in the file. I was also curious as to who put this hit out and why. I wasn't used to getting anonymous hits, I didn't like it. With not knowing who was sending you on this mission, you never knew if it was some sort of trap.

I wasn't going to bother enlisting in the school, I wanted to stay off the radar as much as possible. That included using a fake name and I.D for this motel. 

According to this file, I had until the Alpha found his true mate to get the job done. I guess when that happens he will be virtual impossible to get to and all that. I had to work quick, who knew if he found her yet. It could happen tomorrow for all I know.

I mesmerised what Lucian looked like, so If I spotted him I would know immediatly. He was attractive. Extremely so. It was almost strange how connected I felt to a photograph of him, but I brished it off. He had sandy brown hair and chisled cheek bones. Pearly white teeth and full kissable lips. His eyes were melted chocolate surrounded by full lashes. He could pass for a greek god.

I hid the file in the trunk of my car underneath the spare tire and got into the drivers side. Might as well go to a cafe and sniff out the joint.

I drove down the main strip this town had, which was about all they had, and spotted a small cafe and parked my car. Getting out I could smell coffee and various foods. I realized I was starving. Being a wolf gave me a high metabolism and I needed to eat alot to mantain my energy for fighting.

I walked in and sat down at a table in the corner and observed everything. An older waitress walked up to me and asked me for my order. By the smell of her I could tell she was human, so I knew she wouldn't have any info about the pack here.

I ordered a latte and a turkey club and scarfed it down while watching the people in the place. Everyone seemed happy and carefree, it was kind of nice. There were wolves in here, but it wasn't like I could walk up to them and be like ' Hi where is your alpha so I can kill him and go home'. So I would wait it out.

I paid for my meal, got up, and walked out of the cafe. I left my car where it was parked and decided to take a stroll down the busy street. For having little people in this town the street was packed with shoppers and just people walking their dogs. 

Alot of the shoppers were indeed wolves, none of the people walking their animals were among them, go figure. Walking a dog would be an insult to us. 

I breathed in the fresh air and smelled a delectable scent, mouth watering. Carmel and chocolate mixed with a little bit of vanilla. I looked around trying to find where the scent was coming from when my wolf screamed 'Mate' over and over again in my head.

No, no, this couldn't happen. I couldn't afford this to happen, this could be the death of me during this mission. Especially with me killing their alpha if this mate was a wolf, which I assumed he was.

I kept my head down, avoiding everyone's eyes. I could smell him, but he couldn't smell me with my spray. If I were to look into his eye's on the other hand, his wolf would recognize me as his other half. I had to steer clear of that.

The scent was getting more powerful the further I walked down the road. I turned around and headed to my car, I needed to thing of a plan to make sure this doesn't effect anything. I would just move far away from the scent anytime I smelled it.

Yeah, maybe you think what I am doing is selfish, but my life isn't suited for the likes of having a mate. It's just what it is.

I was walking as fast as I could without showing off my wolf speed to my car. I could see it clearly and I knew I was close, when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I wanted more then nothing to grab that hand and flip the person who dared touch me, but I couldn't blow my cover. 

I slowly turned around, but didn't dare look the person in the eye's because the scent was very potent at the moment. "Hey, you new around here?" The man asked. His voice was deep and powerful, it made me melt and want to jump his bones right then and there. I knew at that moment my 'mate' was in front of me.

"Just passing through, I have to go." I said, my voice low. I turned and ran to my car, locking myself in. I peeked at the person nw that I was safe in the confines of my car and seen that is was no other then....my hit. Just my fuckin' luck.