Chapter 9

MINERVA'S P.O.V

Here's a little bit highlight of my life for the past 3 weeks.

Paul, he was transferred to another store in New York, as our store management here in Philly was judged with the best marks. Apart from our too much drama back then, I was happy we got recognized as one of most organized Starbucks stores in town. And indeed, Paul was a good store supervisor. He got what he wanted, that was a bigger store in bigger city. The sad fact was he didn't say goodbye to me or Joshua, or even Shireen. He never stopped over to the hospital anymore. Just lost the sight of him. But one thing I know, the management gave it all now to Todd, as the most stable worker among us all. Todd's now our supervisor. Office was loosing up some unneeded tension. And I hope Paul gets what he wants in New York, a brilliant career and everything.

I was cleaning up the tables before open. It's only me and Joshua now handling the front, with Todd sometimes helped after his paper work done.

"Good morning."

"SHIREEN!!!" I just fell into her hug. "You look fabulous!"

"Just a little haircut to hide the bruise." She laughed. "I miss you too."

"Wow girl it's so good to have you back." Joshua lifted her around.

"Good to be back as well." Shireen looked happy. "Where's Paul?"

"Uh...it's Todd now." Todd smirked walking out from his room.

"Dammit you boy!" Shireen laughed so loudly. "I mean boss."

"Anytime you ready to work, Shir." Todd hugged her too.

"Now it is." Shireen side-hugged me.

"You sure?"

"I've got my haircut fabulous, what else?"

We all laughed. Obviously that accident didn't stop her from being sassy. I got my best friend back. Yeah I know it's been 3 weeks with no Riley around, and that's hard, but he's just another memory to me. The dream was still there every night. If you ask me, I still had some doubts and guts with what happened before. But let it be.

"So...you have a lot to update to me." Shireen cleaned the station with me.

"Hmm? Ask me questions then."

"Start with what the freaking thing happened with Riley?"

"We're friends." I coughed.

"Friends."

"Friends."

"Friends, really?"

"Friends, Shir, stop repeating my words."

"Alright alright. Friends. Did he really save me that day?"

"He did. Well I didn't see how it happened. I got connected to your mom's phone after the accident. I went with Paul, and he's already there."

"Is he a good guy? Riley?"

"Very good guy. We had this awkward moment between us but we've passed 3 days together, surprisingly."

"Also a little fight when Paul and Riley ended up trying to win Minerva's heart, or just to show each other some muscles to take control her life." Todd suddenly came up.

"No they didn't." Shireen shook her head.

"It happened." I rolled my eyes.

"You chose Riley." She guessed.

"A+ for Shireen!" Todd laughed like a winner.

"Shush, just go back with your papers." I kicked him off playfully.

"What happened?" Shireen whispered to me.

"They fought that night about who's going to drive me home. At the parking lot. I didn't mean to put Paul at the second place but to see Riley has had his work sacrificed, I think an appreciation would do him justice. I went with Riley. Paul started to keep me off his way ever since."

"He's jealous."

"You know it. With or without Riley that night, I think I would rather go home by myself than give it again to Paul. He always mistaken it. He wants to keep mistaken it til I say yes at some point."

"I know... But hey glad he's nowhere near you now."

"Better off this way." I nodded.

"Riley's here now? Invite him for a drink?"

"No he's off for tour or go home, I'm not sure."

"Ah he's coming back for that show anyway." Shireen chuckled. "Still thinking about not going?"

"Yeah still do. Still not my kind of thing." I smirked.

"Oh The Vamps..." There you go Shireen and her imagination. I let her sit with it.

I just realized, that 'later' meant very soon - like very very soon.