dix-sept.

Harry.

My apartment is filled with my family, and then smell of home cooked food. I love everything going on right now and I don't think a thing could go wrong at this moment. I have Emma sitting on my lap and a glass of wine in my hand.

My mum is just finishing the sweet potato casserole, and we should be eating anytime now. I love this time of the year. Once it hits October, everything just seems to get better. Halloween followed by Thanksgiving, and then Christmas and New Years. Everything just seems so festive and it is absolutely wonderful.

"Harry, guess who is in town visiting some of her family?" My step father pesters as I take a sip from my glass. "Your mum's friend, Rosemary, daughter."

"That is nice to know, but it think that I am okay being the lonely old man that I am." My mum then announces that dinner is finally ready. I get up and grab myself a plate full of stuffing, turkey, sweet potato, bread, and corn.

I dig into my plate after we say our blessings and it seems like everyone is having just as a fab time as I am. I sit back in my chair as I finish my first plate and contemplate on whether to get another or just wait for dessert later.

As I stand and walk to the kitchen, there is a knock at the door. I see my sister stand up and walk towards it to open it and think nothing else of it till I hear my sister begin to talk.

"You must be Lilia." My sister says loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Hello, are you Gemma?" I can hear Lilia's sweet voice ask. I stay back in the kitchen since the last time I saw Lilia was our small fight over Japan, last week. I didn't even think that she would show up today, and I honestly forgot that I even invited her.

"Harry! You have a guest here." Gemma shouts and I then hear the door shut. I walk out from the kitchen and into the dinning room to see my family gawking at Lilia.

"You sure did pick a pretty one." My grandfather says while taking a sip of drink. I can feel my cheeks turn pink and I walk towards Lilia and grab her hand into mine.

"Mom, Robin, this is Lilia." She lets go of my hand and walks over to them and shakes their hands while holding a smile on her face.

"I am so pleased to meet you, both." She tells them. They agree and give her respect that I would of hoped, Gemma on the other side though still has her panties in a wad.

"Excuse us for a moment." I pull Lilia to the kitchen and pull the sliding door shut behind us.

Lilia leans against the counter and looks at me without saying a word. I missed her so much and I barely even realized it till this very moment.

"I was lonely, and had nowhere to go." She confesses while looking at me straight in the eyes. " I remembered that you said I could come here, and I hope that the offer was still valid?" I nod my head.

"Would you like something to eat?" I offer her as I motion towards all of the food.

"I want to go to Japan with you!" She then announces. "I just had to deal with a few things, and everything is going to work out fine." She tells me while I walk towards her.

I lean in and pull he into me. I can't help, but start to intertwined our bodies together as we begin to have a heated kiss. She pulls away and smiles.

"You still want me to go to Japan, right?"

"Oh course, goofball." I kiss her a little bit more and then finally let go of her.

"We should probably go back out there?" She giggles and walks towards the door. I walk in front of her so I can walk out first.

I pull out the chair next to me at the table for Lilia, and then push her chair in. I take mine and the conversations at the table continue.

"So Lilia, have you been living in New York all your life?" My mother asks Lilia.

"No actually. I  was raised in Oregon, on the west coast." She tells them while taking a bite of turkey.

"What made you move out here?" Robin begins to ask her.

"I have always loved the city."

"Uh, Harry." My mother says while standing up from the table. " I have invited that friend that I was telling you about tonight. I had no clue that Lilia was going to be here." And then there is a knock at the door.

My mother rushes to the door and opens it to her friend and the friends daughter.

"Rosemary!" She exclaims and grabs her into to a hug. " Darling! You look so wonderful, and so do you Amie." Amie is her daughters name. They both walk in and my mother shows them to the kitchen where they have some of the food we still have left over.

Lilia is in a conversation with Gemma talking about school and future plans and I feel like I need to get up to introduce myself to Amie and Rosemary, but I do not want to give them the wrong idea.

I scoot back from the table and walk into the kitchen. Amie is pouring herself a glass of wine while listening to the other woman talk. She is younger than I thought she would be , probably only 30.

"Hello, I am Harry." I introduce myself to both of them once the conversation dies down. I kiss them both on the cheek and my mother seem to look proud even though I have Lilia in the other room.

"Harry! Your mother has told me so much about you! I am so glad we could finally met." She shakes me hand. Amie stays quite and just takes sips of her wine. I leave the room and walk back to the conversation I just left.

Gemma is actually having a full conversation with Lilia and Robin is busy with my grandparents. I had no idea she would get along this easy with them. I sot back down and Rosemary, Amie, and my mother come back and we all sit together.

Amie is talking to my mother quietly and I have just now noticed that Lilia has disappeared within the time that I was zoning in and out of the conversations happening. I get up from the table and walk down the hall and see the bathroom door shut. I knock twice for an answer.

"It's occupied." Lilia says.

"Everything alright, love?" I saw through the door.

"Yup." She then opens the door and walks out and I follow behind her, but then a glass breaks and Lilia takes wine to her baby pink dress.

I look over Lilia and Amie is standing there in shock. Lilia nearly shrieks and walks off to my bedroom.

"I was just trying to find the bathroom and was walking around the corner, I had no intentions of spilling wine everywhere!" She tells me with a shaky voice.

"It is alright, just go to the kitchen and get some towels, would you?" She nods and walks off. I see Gemma walk around the corner and she looks at me all confused.

"Amie walk into Lilia and spilt wine all over her dress and the floor and broke a glass." I explain to her as I wait for Amie to return with towels.

"Where did Lilia go?" She asks while looking concerned.

"My bedroom." I answer shortly. Amie then returns with towels and a broom.

I help her try and pick up the mess, but it just seems to get worse.