IV.

A/N: Hi guys! Remember to vote, and comment whenever possible. Don't forget to check out Maeve's outfit for this chapter on my Polyvore page! The link is at my Wattpad profile page. xx

||=||

IV.

We were immediately driven to the Drottningholm Palace the moment we got out of the private jet, clearing immigration in just seconds. The views we passed by were simply scenic, and when we entered the Palace itself, I was stunned by how gorgeous it was, and of course, I noted that there were tourists around. I didn't understand how the royal family could stay there without even minding about the visitors.

We didn't risk going by the main entrance since there was the general public, so we were ushered to another entrance where I presumed were usually used for the royals themselves. The palace staff greeted Noah & Christoffer as Their Royal Highnesses, and since they didn't know who I was, they simply greeted me as 'miss'. This was definitely not the last time they were going to acknowledge my presence.

We were at a hall with all our bags brought to whatever room or suite there was, and suddenly Noah turned to look at me.

He gave a small smile. "I'm sure you heard what my brother told me back in the airplane. I apologise for leaving you like this but since it's my father who wants to see me, I have to follow what he orders immediately because he's King. I've gotten someone to show you your suite." He told me, his green eyes softening as he held up my right hand and planted a kiss on the back of it.

"Alright." I nodded, returning a smile. I understood him completely— he was back in his home country, and he had duties to fulfil.

"I'll visit you in your suite once I'm done with whatever matters he wants to deal with me." He said, then glanced away from me for a while to look for whoever it is he was looking for. "One of my staff will show you to your suite, but I guess that she'll be a little late. I have to go for now. I'll see you later, Maeve."

He left, walking into a hallway where I couldn't see much of him anymore. I stood there in the middle of the hall with people passing us by, awkwardly awaiting the presence of some female staff to show me to my designated suite when Christoffer who was beside me looked up from his cellphone after going through emails.

"How incompetent some of our staff can be," he muttered to himself, then looked at me. "Follow me. I'll show you to your suite myself."

Without waiting for a reply from me, he simply turned to walk. That was the first time he had ever addressed anything to me.

I had to catch up with him and I was quickly at his side, walking at his pace.

"Where exactly is this suite of mine?" I asked.

"It's in Noah's wing of the palace, a suite next to his." He replied in a clipped tone. "I can't believe I actually have to show you to his wing that I haven't been to for years. I'll have the woman who's supposed to be doing this reviewed all over again because of this."

I couldn't comment much on that. It was obvious he didn't want to lead me to my suite, but he could have just left me there at the hall to wait.

At least he made an effort to talk to me. "So who are you supposed to be to him? What did you actually do to make him bring you back here?" He stopped in front of large, grand rosewood double doors.

My face scrunched up by the fact that he thought I was the one who made Noah bring me here. "Well, it's more like he wanted me to be here. I'm a friend of his." I told him.

"A friend?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Really, would he even bring a 'friend' that he had just met yesterday to the Palace for a five-week holiday?"

I didn't know how to respond. "To be honest, I wouldn't know," I took his question in for some consideration.