I turned the TV on, and it was Meet The Browns. I sat down for a couple minutes, and then Ced bolted down the stairs.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah he said, out of breath. H-He got a snake up there." He kept panting.

"Whoa.. Okay?" I said. My eyes kept drifting from the TV to the picture of him and the girl. And it bothered me cause I couldn't make out who she looked like. She had this long fluffy black hair, and these dimples. Oh well.

"What's wrong kid? You don't like snakes?" TJ came down the stairs with his pet anaconda wrapped around his big body.

"Whaa!! Get it away..." Ced backed up, and tell against the other couch.

"Ohh Shit. What's its name?" I asked.

"Serious." TJ said.

"Cool." I said.

"Well since he scared, Ima put em back in his tank." TJ said, walking up the stairs.

I looked at Ced's scared face and busted out laughing.

"Fuck you." He said.

"It's cool. I see you having fun." I kept laughing.

Ced rolled his eyes and we both watched the TV for about twenty minutes before TJ came back downstairs in a black tank top, and jeans with timberlands.

"Y'all want something to drink?" He asked.

"Yeah." Said my brother.

"I'm straight. You got some gas?" I asked.

"Nawl, not'chet." He said.

I shook my head and watched TJ as he shook a bunch of liquids together in a silver canister and poured them into glasses with ice. I kept watching TV and Ced went into the kitchen with TJ and got his cup. They both came back and sat in the living room.

It was 9:00.

"Y'all ready?" I asked.

"Yeah lemme finish." Ced chugged down the rest of his drink, and stood up. He stay drinking for somebody trying to be "perfect".

"How was it?" TJ asked.

"It was good." Cedric said.

"Okay.. So who driving?" I asked, halfway annoyed cause I was ready to turn up.

"I'll drive." TJ said.

We all stood up and walked towards the front door. I eyeballed that photo one more time before leaving and I still couldn't figure it out.

TJ locked the doors and we got into his truck. I was putting my seatbelt on when I got a text from Kyra.

Kyra-Heyy ❤ you still coming?

Me-Wassup.. You still fuxkin?

Kyra-Whett?? Idk wat you talm bout ...

I didn't reply for a minute. Cause I ain't feel like talking to her.

"Its right up in this subdivision." TJ said as we turned into another neighborhood.

"Zeph remind me to talk to you when we get here." Ced said.

"About what?" TJ smirked at me through the rearview mirror instantly. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you." Ced told me.

"Ohh..Kay?" I said.

We pulled up to the site, and got out the car. TJ made an effort to reach over and roll up Ced's window... This shit getting weird. But Ima stay quiet about it.

We all got out the car, and walked towards the house that the Back to School bash was in, and as we walked closer, the music got louder, the girls laughter got higher, and the smell of weed got stronger.

My phone vibrated, and I turned it off.

Kyra-Hello???

**************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

WASSUP YALL, SORRY THE CHAPTER WAS SHORT, BUT IM SETTING GOALS FOR THIS BOOK AND IM TRYING TO GIVE YALL AN UPDATE EVERY DAY! THANKS FOR READING, AND ALSO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!! ❤