Chapter 11

"Good morning beautiful." "Good morning." Waking up with his arms around me is the greatest feeling ever. I don't know what is it about August but I'm a damn fool for him. I agreed with everything he said the other day about us but I need to sleep on that question.

Yes he's an amazing guy and any girl would be lucky to have him and I can picture myself as his girlfriend but I have to be honest with myself. When your with someone it's your baggage and theirs together. Where I'm at right now in my life I'm not sure we're ready for that.

"I see you didn't have any dreams last night." He says smirking. "Shut up." I hit him with the pillow. "You riding out with me?" "Where we going?" "Since the case has reopened I have to find a new lawyer at a different firm. Since your lil boyfriend decided to show our damn pictures to the world." "One that's not my boyfriend two just for saying that I'm not giving you a recommendation on who would be perfect as your lawyer ." He laughs, "Don't hold out on me. Let me know what's up." "Nope." I say getting out of bed.

I go down the stairs and start on breakfast. I have no idea how I'll be spending half of my free time from this suspension. I need to get a hobby or something. "Maliyah tell me who." "Take back what you said." "Okay. He's not your lil boyfriend just your little bitch." I laugh, "Get it together." "I am. Speaking of when are we getting together." "We're together now. Right here in your kitchen." "I'm being serious Maliyah." I stir the oatmeal. "I know but." "But what?" "It's complicated." "Sure."

"I promise I'll let you know when." "Don't have me waiting for forever." "That's how long we'll be together anyway." "Your right but I see us as more than that." "Like?" "You know all that ideal shit. Big ass house, white picket fence, a dog." I smile, "You want that?" "I mean give or take with a few children.. Yes. Do you not?" "I do actually I think that's most girls dreams." "Ima give it you to one day." I smile.

"Can you tell me who you recommend tho?" "Stanford at Garrisons and associates." "Woman or man?" "Does it matter?" "Yes I need a girlfriend since you ain't trying to do shit." I glance over at him."Hook me up with one of bad ass lawyer friends." "Keep playing." "That's no fair." "What ain't fair?" "No one else can have me but you don't want me." "I never said I didn't want you."

"I can't tell." "Shut up and go sit down until I'm done cooking." "Keep talking to me crazy girl. You gone feel this shit." "Sit." "Keep playing." He says smacking my ass hard. "It's more where that came from." Nigga swear he somebody daddy. "Play too much ugly ass." I mumble. I finish up breakfast and make myself a plate.

"You are in my house least you could do is make me a plate too." "I didn't ask to be over here." "Don't start that difficult shit." "Sure." I say biting my toast. My phone rings. "August can you bring that in here with you?" He drops it in my lap. "Thank you." "Sure." He says mocking me.

"Hello?" "What's up girl? Where you at?" Monique says. "Over August's. Where you at?" "Well I was at your house but I'm on my way to August's I'll see you in a few." "Okay girl." We hang up. "Who was that?" "Monique and she's on her way over." "She's just going to invite herself over." "Yup." "I'm not letting her ass in the gate." "August." "You can stand outside the gate and talk to her." He says laughing.

"Your so rude." "I don't have time to hear y'all gossiping and shit." "If I wasn't in your house I would put you out." He laughs, "Yeah, yeah. I need to go though. So I'm assuming you aren't going to come with me since Monique coming over." I shrug my shoulders, "Sorry." "It's cool. I'm getting ditched for my cousin but I'm use to it by now." "Shut up." He laughs,"Stanford a man or woman?" "A man."

"Nah I need a woman. Who else on the list?" "Nigga." He laughs harder, "Alright I'll be back. I might even come back with a girlfriend you never know. The code is 2110." "Thank you and come back with a girlfriend with you want too." "Yeah yeah. You won't do nothing but be mad." "Alright." "Me and my girlfriend gone see you later." "Bye Aug." I say laughing.

A few minutes Monique calls and says she's outside. "What's up girl?" "Hey girl." "Damn I didn't Anthony was living like this." "I didn't either." "Girl your all over the news." Monique says as we sit on the sofa. "Don't remind me." "What did your job do about all this?" "Girl I'm suspended until this shit blows over." "Damn. How August feeling about all this?" "Girl as if that shit is the least of his worries." She laughs, "That's August for you." "I know but I'm over here about to lose my mind and he's all calm cool and collected."

We finish catching up on all that drama. "So since you two bitches were coupled up I had to find me someone." "Who?" "His name is Chris." "What does he do?" "A police or something like that." "Oh fancy. That's a step up from your usual hood guys." "I know right. So we have to double date tonight. Me and Sheree already discussed this just hand to pull you into it. So tell August go get all spruced up and we're going out tonight." "That's fine. But I need it somewhere lowkey." "Already done. Chris bought the whole second floor of Nina's." "Damn. Gris sounds like he's balling."

Monique laughs, "Nina's isn't cheap either meal prices so I can only imagine how much it would cost to rent a floor." "Girl right." I say laughing. "So you and August made it official yet?" "Nah." "What's the hold up?" "Me." "What you waiting on?" "I don't know. I feel like I might as well because everything is still there but I'm just not sure." "I think you need to stop playing and fuck what the world has to say and make that happen. Y'all use to be so happy together."

"I know and I agree." We were and we are.. now that things are back to normal with us. "So finish telling me about Chris." "Nope all the details I'm giving out. You'll see him tonight." "That's not fair because I'm sure Sheree got all the details." "Should've called me and maybe you would know but you were too busy caked up with August."

"Whatever y'all act like I just kicked y'all to the curb." "You did. Shit. Feeling very neglected." I laugh, "We'll see you tonight." "Good." "Don't think I figure a it my free hairstyles either." "I got you Liyah. Tonight at 7 don't be late." "I got you." She leaves out.

I go and clean up my breakfast mess and head into August's room for a nap. I walk up when I hear August walk back in. "Wake ya ass up." "Shut up." "You was sleep the whole time?" "Yeah after Monique left. How did the meeting go with Stanford?" "It went good. He said he's been following the case since day one and also to thank you for sending me. What y'all sit and gossip about?"

I turn my head and look up at him. "We're weren't gossiping thank you." "Well. What y'all talk about?" "We're going out with them tonight." "Who is them?" "Monique her date Chris, Sheree and her date Javon." "I'm not going on a date with you. My new girlfriend might get mad." He says smirking.

"Well she'll just have to be mad because I had you first." He laughs, "Where we going?." "Nina's." "Isn't that place normally crowded?" "He rented out the second floor." "Oh. What he trying show out for?" I laugh, "Are you jealous?" "Hell nah. He just making the rest of us look bad."

"Are your forgetting you rented out Marlow's for us." "Yeah but Nina's is more expensive." "Okay August." "I guess I'll go with you. Hopefully my new girl doesn't get mad." "August shut the hell up." I say laughing. "You so mean. She never treats me like this." "It better not be a she." "It damn sure ain't a he."

"It better not be nobody except me." "Didn't we go over this already?" "I don't care." "Selfish." "I'm not being selfish." "Yes you are Maliyah." "No I'm not ask me one more time." "Wanna be my other girlfriend?" "August be serious." He laughs, "Alright alright. Would you Maliyah Wright take me August to your damn boyfriend?" "Your so damn ratchet but yes."