See you again

Owen didn't come visit later that day. Or later that week. The tests got more and more invasive and they almost never let me leave the cage. I was laying on the floor after a shock test, trying to breathe. My lungs felt like they weren't working anymore, and I could feel my body twitching and didn't have a way to stop it. A man came in and pulled me off the ground, throwing me onto the bed.

"We're done here for today. You can have your weekly time outside now if you want." someone said over a PA system. The door opened and I stepped outside. A doctor handed me a jacket and I put on to cover the marks the tests had left on my body.

"You have 2 hours." one of the scientists told me and let me walk out. I looked around and headed for the raptor cage. Owen was at the catwalk running scent drills with them when I got there. I walked up there and stood on the side. When he was done he turned around and saw me.

"Hey pretty girl." he smiled and hugged me.

"Hi raptor boy." I laughed as I hugged him back. "Why didn't you ever come see me?" I asked. It hurt not seeing him there. I wanted to be let out often enough that maybe we'd have a chance as a couple, but him not even seeing me really hurt my feelings.

"They told me you were busy. That you didn't want to see anyone." he told me, the same hurt I felt when he didn't come visit showing on his face. "How did it go with that crap they decided to cook up in that lab? I swear those hybrids don't deserve that. And the ones that don't die should be killed."

"Not all of them are bad, Owen." I said softly. He shook his head.

"They all just want to kill. If they aren't contained they're kept in solitude until they kill someone." he argued.

"The hybrids don't try to kill people all the time." I tried to convince him. He doesn't get it.

"You wouldn't know. You've only been here a few weeks." he raised his voice a little and I flinched. "Someone will die from those monsters. Again."

"I won't let them kill someone. The hybrids can be good. And some of them can survive infancy." I kept arguing.

"Yeah? How would you know?"

"Because I am one." I looked away as I said it, and my voice cracked as I admitted what I was.

"What? Wh- what are you?" Owen's entire demeanor changed. He stepped closer to me and I moved back. His hand reached out and turned my chin toward him.

"Well you just said I'm a monster." I whispered. Tears welled in my eyes and I sniffled. "I'm part raptor, Owen. Only about 10% of my dna is raptor, and the rest of me is human. I'm a hybrid." I started explaining.

"Who would create a human and raptor hybrid?" he asked gently. I moved away from him again.

"I didn't ask to be made. InGen engineered me to communicate with raptors. I was supposed to be able to translate their commands to the dinosaurs in order to let us use them as weapons. I refused, and they sent me here." Tears started warming my cheeks. "Now I'm just an experiment." I pulled up one of my sleeves and showed him the burns and needle marks that lined my skin.

"I didn't know, Dana. You're not a monster. I'm sorry." he told me. I shook my head and looked away, sniffling. He moved to get me to look at him and cupped my head in his hands.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what they were doing. You could've told me." he said as he wiped the tears off of my face. "Let's go back to my place for a little bit and talk about this. Please?" he begged. I nodded and let him lead me to his bike. We went to his house and I followed him inside. He sat down and motioned for me to sit next to him.