Chapter 13 - Part Of The Family

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Huh?" she looked at me confused.

"YOU HORRIBLE PERSON!!!"

"AHHH!!!" with that, she ran away and I chased her. We ended up at the end of the hallway, me trying to punch Laura several times and Laura resisting by holding my fists away from her face. Suddenly, we heard someone cough. It was Luke. We both looked at him.

"I see the dynamic duo are having friendly quarreling, huh?" he chuckled.

"Shut up" I looked at him with devilish eyes.

"Agh! I'm sorry!!!" he said.

Then he laughed, "anyways, am I interrupting anything? I was about to take Jessica to her cla-"

"No, you didn't. I was about to head out anyway. Sure, you can have Jessica" Laura cut him off. She walked away, too fast that she was like a magical dust that poof away.

"Come on" Luke said. I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"Why'd you ran off like that?" I whispered to Laura while Mrs. Johnson's lecturing. She just shrugged. Ugh, wow, such an answer!

"Can I at least have one ballpen? I lost mine" I whispered again. She just glared at me.

My eyes widened "Oh...kay!" I put my hands up at shoulder level. Sheesh, she didn't have to do that.

Later on, I whispered to her again "Laura!!!". This time it was a little to loud.

"Is there anything you want to share to the whole class, Jessica?" Mrs. Johnson caught me. I shook my head. "Outside, balance two books, go!"

I groaned while I hold out these two books on my hand. You now that punishment, right? I'm sure you do. You might be wondering why I'm grumpy enough at Laura. It's because I was supposed to tell her something. Something about we're going to do later. But thanks to Laura here, she's being all distance-y all over again. I groaned once again. I heard someone walking out the door.

The heck, by my surprise, it's Laura. She looked at me with a blank expression.

"Why are you-" She suddenly took the books off my hands and she did all the balancing thing. She's now holding up 4 books with her one leg up.

"Wh-" I actually don't know what to say.

She chuckled "Just a simple crumpled paper made me wanna save you for a moment there"

My heart began to race again. That freaking effect all the time!

"Thanks." I muttered.

"No problem, little one" she smiled widely.

Dismissal came and Laura was at the gate. There and then I ran up towards her.

"Yo" she waved at me. Glad she's back to normal.

As we were walking, I broke the silence "Me and my family, we're going on a holiday weekend later..."

"Really? That sounds awesome!" she really sounded very cheerful.

"I'm glad you said that... because we wanted you to come" We were silent for a moment there. Oh no, she's going to refuse, huh?

"We?" she grinned at me. WHAT THE HECK! I punched her arm several times

"STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!" I paused, "Of course I said 'we'. I wanted you to come also"

I felt myself blush. "As long as you're there, I guess" yep, it really is a blush.