“Don’t try to act like a hero, kid,” he glares, his own jaw clenching as he looks at me. “I’m gonna make you eat those words.”

            Before I could reply, Des grabbed the collar of my shirt and threw me across the room as my back hit the wall. I grunted as I hit the floor, and then went back up on my feet. “Are you that much of a dick to show up at my house just to beat me up?” I chuckle humourously.

            Des’s eyes narrow into slits. “I’m only a dick to teach you a lesson, boy,” he spits, before charging up at me.

Elena’s POV:

            I pulled up to Harry’s house, parking my car in his drive way as I kill the engine. Getting out of my car, I run a hand through my long hair and walk up to the front door. Just when I was about to knock, I heard a loud bang coming from inside, making me jump.

            “Harry?” I called out, worried about what was going on.

            Instead of answering me, another loud bang was heard. Turning the door knob, I walk in and a gasp escapes my lip. The sight I see in front of me was beyond shocking. Des was holding Harry by the collar of his shirt, and had him pressed up against the wall. Harry’s head immediately snapped towards me and his eyes widened, meanwhile Des just smirked, still holding on to Harry.

            “Ah, if it isn’t the girl we were just talking about,” he muses, looking over me.

            I feel as if all the air was sucked out of my lungs as he looked at me. Des suddenly let Harry drop on to the floor with a thud, and he strolled over to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat as the man towered over my body just like his son does, but unlike with Harry, I feel anything but safe with this man. Des’s right hand reached up and caressed my cheek, and I flinched at his cold touch, and bit the inside of my cheek as I tried to keep down the whimper that was trying to escape my lips.

            “Don’t touch her!” Harry growled, before charging up to Des and pulling him forcefully away from me.

            My eyes widen as Des immediately reacts, his fist clenching as it comes in contact with Harry’s face. “Harry!” I gasp as he falls on his back on the wooden floor, and the older man glares down at the boy.

            “Don’t you dare touch me again, you hear?” Des spits out angrily.

            Harry stumbles to his feet, shaking his curls out of his eyes. I can see the way he’s clenching and unclenching his jaw, and the vein in his neck that’s throbbing. With one swift move, Harry manages to knock Des down to his feet by punching him in the gut, as I stand in the corner, my hands over my mouth and my eyes widening as I watch the scene in front of me. Des’s back comes in contact with the floor as Harry stands over him, glaring down at his father with a face full of rage. If looks could kill, Des would be dead fifty times over.